England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know it's the Malden ride on Saturday but does anyone fancy a 60 mile pootle on Sunday starting mid morning from Cambridge heading back to London? It'll be a pretty route

Iam out on Sunday but as always have to back at 1pm. I am looking to get out early thou.....

Dave - do you have any plans to go to Southend?

AlexB

Veteran
yep train back. 7am at the Oval train station if you are interested Mart. Into Southend by 10.30 home by 1pm latest. It was 75 miles for me the last time

Are there any more details about this ride? I'm at a loose end this weekend and a nice ride out on a Sunday would be perfect!

Are there any more details about this ride? I'm at a loose end this weekend and a nice ride out on a Sunday would be perfect!

Hello AlexB. I rode in from Bromley to the Oval and met TC1 at 7am who will be able to fill you in further.

The route is flat with only one or two climbs and is 50 miles from London to Southend. The route goes via Rainham marshes. We averaged about 15.5mph last time. After a quick cuppa at the station when we got there about 10.30ish we hopped on a train and came back to London which costs a tenner and takes an hour. I then rode back to Bromley to be home around 1ish.

Thats about it i think. Its a great route
biggrin.gif

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
wot he said ^^^

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
and we were racing the rain which caught us on the seafront and in the space of 5 minutes had me soaked right through and the bike needing a service

martint235

Dog on a bike
Anyone up for a DT meeting, heading for HPC this Sunday? I have a 10am start so should have no problem making the DT for 08.30.

Don't know. I'm not committing to either a HPC ride or the Southend ride until I see how kn@ckered I am after Maldon....

There was mention of a Sunday run up to a Bike Fair thing in E9 (I think)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Not sure on how busy it'll be the UK isn't exactly France for loving cycling. :biggrin: We can't do Box Hill or the Mall as they're invite only. I haven't as yet looked at the timings for when they pass a certain area. Could organise around that, watch em pass, go off for a pootle and a coffee, head to another location and watch em pass.....?

Abs

Actually, thanks to those nice peeps at Cycling Plus, I and AN Other can...I won a couple of wristbands for the restricted bits :smile:

Top Bottom