England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
ttcycle said:
torn off derailleur? what happened??!! Not dropout hanger issues?

Yeah, bit of a disaster 95km into HOTA. Luckier than Tynan though, since I run a disc rear wheel there were no spokes to trash. I was doing 30mph downhill and heard a stunning explosion. Stopped, and found the derailleur wedged into the back of my seat, and the chain on the wrong side of the wheel. Gutted - only 15km left and I DNFed. I suppose if I'd been thinking a bit more clearly I'd have turned the bike into a bottom gear single speed and finished it, but I got my Mrs to fetch me instead.

4321323067_3643a02063.jpg

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Ouch!:biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Back to the dripping tap meetings - I might be able to make Sunday 14th and ride with you all as far as HPC, where I'll leave for the Albert Memorial to start work.

Hackers, firstly I saw your videos and rather suspect it'll be you riding slowly for us. On the small chance it's not true, I'd ride slowly for you mate. Besides, I can't see anyone here rushing on and not waiting to ride with the group.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
BentMikey said:
Besides, I can't see anyone here rushing on and not waiting to ride with the group.

:angry::biggrin: not mentioning any names..someone did that...AH-IAN-EM-CHOO

:wacko:

Mikey a snapped dropout is familiar territory for me, just glad your bike is ok and shame you didn't finish cause of it.

Well with the rides, just as they're becoming regular with a good attendance and with some really good friends, I think I am having to leave London in March.

So need to give the jersey to someone...makes me sad

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Oi TopCat

Who's that dough faced munter in the purple waterproof- oh me?!

You foiled my cunning plans...by appointing myself as ride photographer it means i don't have to appear in any of them. Oh well...dammit

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
give over.....

ttcycle said:
Oi TopCat

Who's that dough faced munter in the purple waterproof- oh me?!

You foiled my cunning plans...by appointing myself as ride photographer it means i don't have to appear in any of them. Oh well...dammit

BentMikey said:
Hackers, firstly I saw your videos and rather suspect it'll be you riding slowly for us. On the small chance it's not true, I'd ride slowly for you mate. Besides, I can't see anyone here rushing on and not waiting to ride with the group.

The camera tells lies unfortunately....Im not even sure what bike I had then but it wasn't the Audax.I don't think it was the CAAD 3 either as some peds helped me trash that one.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
If it's not too wet on sunday i may peel off at London bridge and make my way up to Ally Pally.

MacB said:
Initially I only saw the phrase 'dough faced munter', my first reaction was it's a bit harsh on Ian

I too thought it aimed at Ian too. Still useful phrase to remember for other Chelsea fans :evil:

bad boy

Über Member
Mista Preston said:
I too thought it aimed at Ian too. Still useful phrase to remember for other Chelsea fans :biggrin:

:ohmy::laugh::biggrin::laugh: Classic do you go and watch your mob ever Ian.

I might try and make Sunday if there is a ride on the cards.

Top Bottom