Super micro overnight "tour"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I'll be doing a fair bit of wild camping (with and without bike) next year if my retirement plans happen. So much kit that you could buy, going to have to show restraint!

Indeed, and the lighter weight you go.

The more you will pay.

New cumulus bag worth all the pennies though

Although hardly a exacting test.
Already warm at sunrise.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Just a word of caution.
This time of year gamekeepers will be busy clearing up sickly birds, and shooting foxes.
The new night vision scopes mean they can see any and all body heat for miles.
if you’re planning on stopping in a rural wood, bear that in mind.
DAMHIKT
A pal of mine shoots deer frequently usually starting about 0400. From time to time going through a forest miles from anywhere he comes across a tent with somebody stealth camping. He is not happy about this.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I think if you are discrete , and bag up and take everything (including human waste) back out with you, no one will be the wiser. Stop after dark, leave before sunrise. Don’t do it right by the road side. Just don’t go posting it online.

I am considering an overnight bike ride (not against any current guidance or law in England) but not a bivvy just yet.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Shouldn't shoot if he strays that wildly.

He is a professional and has many years experience.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
He is a professional and has many years experience.
So he's paid and has got away with it so far: so what? If he's as bad as you suggest at not checking the field of fire, it's best he changes job. (I grew up in the sticks, relatives used to shoot, unsure if they still do, while others worked as beaters, keepers and so on. Never heard of any shooting campers in error.)

dodgy

Plenty fisherman night-fishing on the beach in plain sight, can’t see the harm in a cheeky bivvy....

Interestingly, the new 'rules' allow for night fishing but don't allow wild camping when it involves an overnight stay. I think I picked that up from a wild camper I follow on Youtube called 'messner'. Stupid.

Just a word of caution.
This time of year gamekeepers will be busy clearing up sickly birds, and shooting foxes.
The new night vision scopes mean they can see any and all body heat for miles.
if you’re planning on stopping in a rural wood, bear that in mind.
DAMHIKT
Fair point, but this has been the case for years, and I'm not aware of the wild-camping community advising a "curfew" period in the year.

This risk is tiny - we'd be hearing about it otherwise.

Top Bottom