Super micro overnight "tour"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Interestingly, the new 'rules' allow for night fishing but don't allow wild camping when it involves an overnight stay. I think I picked that up from a wild camper I follow on Youtube called 'messner'. Stupid.
So before bivvying down, attach some fishing wire to a stick and dangle it in some water, then if questioned say you dozed off while fishing!

If there's no water nearby, claim you had too much to drink before starting fishing?

classic33

Leg End Member
So he's paid and has got away with it so far: so what? If he's as bad as you suggest at not checking the field of fire, it's best he changes job. (I grew up in the sticks, relatives used to shoot, unsure if they still do, while others worked as beaters, keepers and so on. Never heard of any shooting campers in error.)
Or maybe he's just good at what he does, workwise.

A pal of mine shoots deer frequently usually starting about 0400. From time to time going through a forest miles from anywhere he comes across a tent with somebody stealth camping. He is not happy about this.
must admit I have heard gunfire bivvying down in a sussex wood.
It didn't get closer so I just fell asleep.
As dangers go though it must be well down the scale of life's perils?
When was anyone sleeping on the ground last shot?

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

I've never heard of it, at least not in this country, and I have hung out with the 'wildcamping' crew all my life.

A few encounters with curious local woodsman, and the occasional unfriendly farmer yes, but never heard of anything approaching lethal force being used.

I think you're more likely to get run over by a gamekeeper, or someone out lamping in a 4wd, in the woods. .

Worth bearing in mind if you're ever tempted to bed down on the soft verge of a forest ride.

I didn't know about the overnight fishing exemption @Fab Foodie .

I have a friend with one of those taniyankya (???) rods I could probs borrow -

The local beach is at least 2km from the nearest road, and has been deserted on previous over night trips.

Have bivvy will travel.

I've never done any sea fishing before - but you've got to start somewhere I guess.. :okay:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I'm surprised at some of the backlash Jayclock is getting, in terms of "wrong" or arguably irresponsible things you could do right now this is quite a long way towards the "mild" end of the scale to say the least. He's hardly going to the beach or out on protest marches with thousands of others. And if the authorities aren't policing those massively irresponsible and damaging things, they're not going to have an enormous interest in one bloke on a bike going down the road to hide in the woods.

Salar

A fish out of water
Tenkara, originated in Japan. There's no reel, just a collapsible rod, line, tippet and fly. The technique is primarily used for trout in rocky rivers.

The rod designs are unique to Tenkara, they are not just poles or whips used by coarse fishers.

The technique took off in the UK about ten years ago. That's when I got involved with it. I've introduced and guided a few of my fellow angling mates to it on weekends away on remote Welsh rivers.

At the start in the UK it was difficult to get the gear, having to order from the USA, equipment is now easily available and at a lower cost.

Here's an American simplified "selling" video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2eeszkQoIk

If you want more details info just ask :smile:

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I'm surprised at some of the backlash Jayclock is getting, in terms of "wrong" or arguably irresponsible things you could do right now this is quite a long way towards the "mild" end of the scale to say the least. He's hardly going to the beach or out on protest marches with thousands of others. And if the authorities aren't policing those massively irresponsible and damaging things, they're not going to have an enormous interest in one bloke on a bike going down the road to hide in the woods.
I can't speak for everyone here, but I think some if us are at least are more concerned that at this particular time he's going to encounter hostility from others, and we shouldn't be encouraging it.

Of course we're mostly flying blind on this one, and most of us like to think we're in possession of a greater amount of 'common sense' than the 'average' person.

I certainly see myself as less of a risk to myself and others if I go and plonk myself in the middle of Dartmoor, in a tent overnight with other members of my 'household' (so that any of us could effect a rescue of another in the highly unlikely event of accident)

Than if I go and sit with my fellows in a crowded park.

But we're not 'supposed' to -

- We're meant to abide by whatever this weeks 'guidelines' look like -

- the causes of our resistance, to what to many, seem like very abitary rules, could probably fill several pages.

Tenkara, originated in Japan. There's no reel, just a collapsible rod, line, tippet and fly. The technique is primarily used for trout in rocky rivers.

The rod designs are unique to Tenkara, they are not just poles or whips used by coarse fishers.

The technique took off in the UK about ten years ago. That's when I got involved with it. I've introduced and guided a few of my fellow angling mates to it on weekends away on remote Welsh rivers.

At the start in the UK it was difficult to get the gear, having to order from the USA, equipment is now easily available and at a lower cost.

Here's an American simplified "selling" video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2eeszkQoIk

If you want more details info just ask :smile:

Thank you :okay:

If in the spirit of 'research' I take one to the beach I'll let you know how it goes Vis a Vis catching bass :okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
Bullets don't just stop when they've passed what they were meant for. Which is where the problem comes in.

Don't think old wheels was saying they would be shot, on purpose. More of a chance of one going through/just missing and continuing until it does hit something. A case of be careful where you decide where to camp, more than anything.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Very true but somebody who is governed by elfin safety and has to undergo annual reviews tends to be a bit twitchy about anything which could be construed a hazard. Somebody could be up for a call of nature and before the days work the rifle scope has to be checked in a safe area. I once stopped in a known spot for such a call and was surprised to find a very well hidden tent behind me in the undergrowth.

MarkF

Guru

Apart from being shot.... it is the calving season, he could be trampled to death, then there is long grass and the potential for contacting lymes disease. The UK is a scary place. He can't post anything anyway now because he is too easily identifiable and a self appointed forum virus vigilante will dob him in.

Top Bottom