Super wheel converts rider's weight into forward movement!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's an interesting idea but it must weigh a fair bit, and they lost me at 'simply turn your bike upside down...'

Yes, their vision seems to include lots of standard rear wheels being left at random places around the countryside...

keithmac

Guru
What would be of real use is a regenerative brake so that you get your kinetic energy back when you accelerate instead of wasting it all as heat.

Yep that would be the best way to recover energy.

I'm surprised no one's made a rear hubbed ebike with brake harvesting yet.

Twilkes

Guru
What saddens me is the level of scientific ignorance in society that enables this sort of thing to even get started.
I know the 'owt for nowt' thing, but if the wheel uses the energy of body mass pushing down onto something static (i.e. that energy would otherwise go into tensioning a spoke), could that energy not be released as the wheel turns? That seems to be what the rotational springs are doing. It's not like you have to compress the springs with your muscles, your body mass is doing that for free.

So it seems they're trying to convert the downward force of your body into rotational force at the wheel, I can't find a decent explanation of how it's supposed to work though.

Top Bottom