Survey: how do you dress for the road (+ £25 Wiggle draw)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello everyone folks.

I'm writing this post on behalf of some friends here in Norfolk who are developing a business plan for a new start-up. At the moment, they are primarily interested in building a better picture of how and where UK cyclists buy their clothing, apparel and accessories.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could share about ten minutes of your time to complete this short survey. Respondents who complete the survey and provide contact details will be entered into a draw to win a £25 Wiggle voucher.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/L99YQWS

On behalf of their team, thanks for your time, it is greatly appreciated.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Done

Done. Only confusing bit is at the beginning, I'm a very keen cyclist who has no interest in watching the sport - wasn't catered for in the options.

OP
OP
jamesontheroad
Done but your price ranges, suck. who pays £350 for shorts or bibs

Noted, thanks for the feedback. I think the problem is that all those different items (gloves, jerseys, bibs etc) occupy different price ranges… but to give them their own price ranges would have created about six more questions. I suspect they were parcelled into one matrix so that you could complete the survey more quickly.

Done. Only confusing bit is at the beginning, I'm a very keen cyclist who has no interest in watching the sport - wasn't catered for in the options.

Noted as well - thanks for the feedback. I will forward that - perhaps the survey can be tweaked without corrupting subsequent responses.

Just a little explanation - I'm involved at this stage because I have some experience as a PhD student in collecting data via questionnaires and interviews, so I really value this feedback. I'm also a keen cyclist, BTW, but surveying respondents is a dark art that many people (including big corporations) get hopelessly wrong.

Thanks again to all who have completed and/or provided feedback.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Yeah, me too. I had to put I wasn't interested in cycling as I do not follow the sport, even though I commute every day and bimble about at the weekends.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Not convinced by the survey, for example you can't be a regular cyclist and not follow the sport alot, there are a lot of assumptions throughout. Didn't know quite how to reply to a lot of them as I was prepared to pay reasonable amount on what I call as my cycling boots (for winter), but they aren't cycle specific, but they are bought for cycling. Not sure what the advantage of asking what my personal income is and not the household one either?

OP
OP
jamesontheroad
Not convinced by the survey, for example you can't be a regular cyclist and not follow the sport alot, there are a lot of assumptions throughout. Didn't know quite how to reply to a lot of them as I was prepared to pay reasonable amount on what I call as my cycling boots (for winter), but they aren't cycle specific, but they are bought for cycling. Not sure what the advantage of asking what my personal income is and not the household one either?

Thanks summerdays, I will pass this on. Thanks for taking the time to put this down.

snorri

Legendary Member
Another survey which fails to recognise that some of us use bikes for transport other than commuting, we don't cycle naked either!
Ditto the lack of any interest in emulating sport cyclists in dress or performance:smile:.

Top Bottom