Tablet recomendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I’m sure the Tab 4 will be fine for you as long as you don’t want the best screen or processor speed for playing games.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I've been looking at the Lenovo:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...-tab4-10-tablet-16-gb-white-10165731-pdt.html
I have a Lenovo tab 3 7 inch which I use around town and in my panniers touring. I find it fine for my needs including OSMand+. I don't play games or watch movies on it. It seems to have a very good battery - at least so far.

If you have decided on Lenovo it might be worth checking the Argos ebay page. They do refurbs - grade A as far as I can see just means something like someone opened the box and then returned it. Grade A refurbs come with a decent guarantee.

Last edited:

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I wouldn't buy second hand as such but due to possible battery degradation.

+1

I was bought one of the original Lenovo Yoga tablets 3-4 years ago, despite maintaining that no way did I need a tablet. I wouldn't be without it now.

But for the last few months it's been playing up, and I concluded that the battery was on its way out. It's not considered to be a user-replaceable item, so Lenovo don't supply any documentation on how to change it, but there are videos on YouTube so I bought a new battery and took the plunge. Seems to have worked.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
+1

I was bought one of the original Lenovo Yoga tablets 3-4 years ago, despite maintaining that no way did I need a tablet. I wouldn't be without it now.

But for the last few months it's been playing up, and I concluded that the battery was on its way out. It's not considered to be a user-replaceable item, so Lenovo don't supply any documentation on how to change it, but there are videos on YouTube so I bought a new battery and took the plunge. Seems to have worked.
I had one of those. Excellent product which is different for a reason - at least until it froze forever!

Top Bottom