Tacx Lumos Bar End lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have them on my commuter and I like them TBH. They are pretty bright for what they are, and certainly bright enough as secondary lights which is how I use them/what they are designed for anyway. I even use the indicators occasionally, I never thought I would but I've found myself using this feature quite often :blush:
The only gripe in IME is that the sleeve you insert into the bars doesn't grip well enough, so I either can't quite tighten them as much as I'd like, (although they are tight enough I'm just being picky), or when I try to remove one the whole thing ends up twisting out and requiring re-fitting.
That said I stand by my original sentence, as additional/back up lights, I like them :thumbsup:

OP
OP
S

sabian92

Über Member
I have them on my commuter and I like them TBH. They are pretty bright for what they are, and certainly bright enough as secondary lights which is how I use them/what they are designed for anyway. I even use the indicators occasionally, I never thought I would but I've found myself using this feature quite often :blush:
The only gripe in IME is that the sleeve you insert into the bars doesn't grip well enough, so I either can't quite tighten them as much as I'd like, (although they are tight enough I'm just being picky), or when I try to remove one the whole thing ends up twisting out and requiring re-fitting.
That said I stand by my original sentence, as additional/back up lights, I like them :thumbsup:

Do people actually notice the indicators? I've always wondered if they would or not.

Could you glue the sleeve in though? I've not got them yet but if you can glue them in it might be alright.

I'm not sure if they do or not. I tend to use them if I'm turning across traffic and I'm stuck in the middle waiting to turn. I figure the blinking should be visible to oncoming cars and it can only help make me more visible.
I guess you could glue them, but you'd have to be 100% certain of their position otherwise when you screw in the lamp it won't be straight. It's not a huge issue TBH but worth mentioning.

OP
OP
S

sabian92

Über Member
Sounds good then.

A parcel has come for me at home that my fiancee has intercepted... it's either these or her V-day present so i can't risk her opening it to tell me what's in it! Shall have to wait till i get in but thanks a lot for the feedback.

I like the look of them, will they fit onto normal flat hybird handlebars? :wacko:
They would fit but they are angled so that once positioned 'under' the drops they shine forwards. I suspect on flat bars they may shine out at approx. 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock if you know what I mean, which would subsequently angle the rear facing part inwards as well.

Top Bottom