Taken out on commute home.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
No doubt I have forgotten something but my head isnt too clever right now lol.

yes you did by not going to the hospital as advised by the ambulance crew, you or they have no way of knowing if there are any internal injuries that can't be ascertained by being checked over. A medical report immediately after the accident, goes a long way in helping you with your claim. Always and I mean always go to a hospital if advised to do so.

I hope you make a speedy recovery :okay:

OP
OP
U

User33236

yes you did by not going to the hospital as advised by the ambulance crew, you or they have no way of knowing if there are any internal injuries that can't be ascertained by being checked over. A medical report immediately after the accident, goes a long way in helping you with your claim. Always and I mean always go to a hospital if advised to do so.

I hope you make a speedy recovery :okay:
Apologies if I didnt make it clear. I did attend hospital and was checked over, patched up and given a shed load of advice on what potential problems to look out for. Thankfully A&E was quiet and it does help I had my staff ID badge in my jacket pocket :-)

Wounds were thoroughly cleaned and a nice iodine dressing applied. Ouch!

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Apologies if I didnt make it clear. I did attend hospital and was checked over, packed up and given a shed load of advice on what potential problems to look out for. Thankfully A&E was quiet and it does help I had my staff ID badge in my jacket pocket :-)

Ah that's good to hear, I hope it's not going to be too painful for you these next few days :smile:

Ruthie

Über Member
Apologies if I didnt make it clear. I did attend hospital and was checked over, packed up and given a shed load of advice on what potential problems to look out for. Thankfully A&E was quiet and it does help I had my staff ID badge in my jacket pocket :-)
Oh, No, how awful. A similar thing happened to me a few years ago. My husband took photographs of my injuries when we got home from hospital, and again a few days after, then again several weeks later. It was very helpful, both in pursuing a claim for compensation (which I was obliged to do by my employer), and in coming to terms with the event. Look after yourself, and make sure you go to the doctor sooner rather than later if you're worried.

Scratched her car? Shame you don't eat more pies. You could've written her car off, like I did.

OP
OP
U

User33236

Just got bike back off the neighbours. First quick inspections shows:-
  1. Bent rear hanger and damage to derailleur
  2. Damaged rim on rear wheel - Kinesis Crosslight
  3. Torn saddle - Fizik Ardea
  4. Damaged right shifter and bar tape - 105 5700 shifter and Lizardskin tape
Thats just at first glance. A nice little repair bill there already :-(

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Just got bike back off the neighbours. First quick inspections shows:-
  1. Bent rear hanger and damage to derailleur
  2. Damaged rim on rear wheel - Kinesis Crosslight
  3. Torn saddle - Fizik Ardea
  4. Damaged right shifter and bar tape - 105 5700 shifter and Lizardskin tape
Thats just at first glance. A nice little repair bill there already :-(

Get the frame checked by the lbs. I was hit by a car last March, I didn't even come off the bike but the frame was a write off!

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Apologies if I didnt make it clear. I did attend hospital and was checked over, patched up and given a shed load of advice on what potential problems to look out for. Thankfully A&E was quiet and it does help I had my staff ID badge in my jacket pocket :-)

Wounds were thoroughly cleaned and a nice iodine dressing applied. Ouch!
I hope they gave you a shed load of painkillers too - paracetamol and ibuprofen. The times I've been in they've suggested taking them up to the maximum dose before the serious pain kicks in.

Check any flakes of paint chipped off, the sign of a bent frame. If that mad driver asks if she can sort it out without involving her insurer tell her she's a terrible, indecent person and she's to deal with your legal team from now on.

OP
OP
U

User33236

I hope they gave you a shed load of painkillers too - paracetamol and ibuprofen. The times I've been in they've suggested taking them up to the maximum dose before the serious pain kicks in.
They gave me Paracetamol, Ibuprofen and Codeine. Think I'll be using the latter to try get some sleep tonight.

OP
OP
U

User33236

Check any flakes of paint chipped off, the sign of a bent frame. If that mad driver asks if she can sort it out without involving her insurer tell her she's a terrible, indecent person and she's to deal with your legal team from now on.
I will be passing all the information on to the BC lawyers then taking their advice on how to proceed. Her comment about the scratched car got me thinking she might have some hugely misplaced belief she can somehow turn it around and wriggle out of it.

Top Bottom