Taken out on commute home.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
U

User33236

Mrs SG stuck the bike up on the workstand for me this morning so I could check it out further. She told me last night neither wheel was turning so she had to cary it to the car.

The reason for the back wheel was pretty obvious in that the RD is a goner and chain all over the place. Checking out the front found the wheel was off centre and jamming in the brakes. This led me to the discovery that the 'lawyer tabs' have been sheared off on the right hand side :-(

OP
OP
U

User33236

Fair enough. How did she react after hitting you?

Hope you don't see any bad after effects mate.
Thanks. She didn't really do or say that much except 1. admit guilt 2. make excuses for her 'mistake'. I was paying more attention at the time to the nurse, who has stopped, and trying to answer her questions about how i was.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I was paying more attention at the time to the nurse

Don't we all?

GWS, hope you get a full and fair payout. Remember to keep all the receipts for taxis &c. and also take photos of your injuries.
You should also post a photo of your punctured leg on here, so we can all sympathise!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I wouldn't read much into it. People say odd things when in shock which is a natural reaction to any accident :smile: When did she say she wanted to settle without her insurers? Her insurance company will make the ultimate decision on her liability based on the evidence presented by the BC lawyer. Don't expect a quick settlement however. You might be able to sort an interim payment to fix the bike. keep all receipts for alternative transport etc

Agree with this.
When I went through a chaps windscreen.... he was more shocked then I was in the aftermath.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Well that was rather nasty. I hope you get better soon and that you will be confident when you get back on the bike that this is not a regular occurrence.

Perhaps the silly driver will give up driving ?

It was nice to read of so many people coming to your assistance.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
At least it all seems to have the right boxes ticked for a claim, hope you're not too sore and GWS. :hugs:

nilling

Über Member
GWS...

Take photos of everything; bike, helmet, clothes and your injuries. Also keep a "pain" diary to record how the collision has affected you with everday tasks; lack of sleep, poor mobility, lack of appetite etc. Give a copy to your brief. It's surprising how much of this you will forget about over the next couple of weeks.

OP
OP
U

User33236

GWS...

Take photos of everything; bike, helmet, clothes and your injuries. Also keep a "pain" diary to record how the collision has affected you with everday tasks; lack of sleep, poor mobility, lack of appetite etc. Give a copy to your brief. It's surprising how much of this you will forget about over the next couple of weeks.
I've started writing everything down in Onenote which sync across all my devices. Already had to go back and add bits I forgot first time round.

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks. Just off the phone to them and answered a load of questions. Thankfully the notes I'd made last night and this morning helped answer virtually all of them..
Print a copy off & keep it somewhere safe. When you're happy with the wording.

Top Bottom