Taken out on commute home.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I will be passing all the information on to the BC lawyers then taking their advice on how to proceed. Her comment about the scratched car got me thinking she might have some hugely misplaced belief she can somehow turn it around and wriggle out of it.
I wouldn't read much into it. People say odd things when in shock which is a natural reaction to any accident :smile: When did she say she wanted to settle without her insurers? Her insurance company will make the ultimate decision on her liability based on the evidence presented by the BC lawyer. Don't expect a quick settlement however. You might be able to sort an interim payment to fix the bike. keep all receipts for alternative transport etc

galaxy

Veteran
Glad your ok, hope all works out well without any grief.

classic33

Leg End Member
check through the " sticky" on here for what to do in the event of a smash. you will forget something and its a great aide memoire
Accident Advice in Commuting gives some idea on how to follow up.
Head injury for me would for me mean going without sleep on the first night.
Vickster has already pointed out about keeping receipts. Keep all clothing that you were allowed to leave hospital with. This includes the helmet.

Get yourself sorted then start worrying about the bike. It can't feel anything, unlike you.

OP
OP
U

User33236

Accident Advice in Commuting gives some idea on how to follow up.
Head injury for me would for me mean going without sleep on the first night.
Vickster has already pointed out about keeping receipts. Keep all clothing that you were allowed to leave hospital with. This includes the helmet.

Get yourself sorted then start worrying about the bike. It can't feel anything, unlike you.
Helmet and clothing safely stashed away. Thankfully i order 99% of stuff online so spent the last little while retrieving and storing receipts for the damaged items including those that were used to 'upgrade' the bike and will do the same for any replacements

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Definitely go through the insurance company route, when we've done the the opposite way (with a car), they have then been surprised at the final cost and very reluctant to pay up! The insurance company will still be reluctant but at least will have a more realistic idea of the value of things!

Are you feeling ok this morning?

OP
OP
U

User33236

Are you feeling ok this morning?

Not too bad thanks. Still got 'toothache' type pain in my left leg and very tight muscles in upper back and into my right shoulder. Been told to keep the iodine dressing on for 24 hours so not seen how the punture wounds are.

Origamist

Legendary Member
GWS, User33236.

Glad that things were not more serious. Where did this happen?

Good luck with police, CPS and insurers...

OP
OP
U

User33236

GWS, User33236.

Glad that things were not more serious. Where did this happen?

Good luck with police, CPS and insurers...
Thanks. Happened at the bottom end of Folly Lane in Swinton. The driver was exiting Birch Road turning right toward Monton.

OP
OP
U

User33236

Is it possible she was trying to lighten the moment? People do strange things under stress. Hard to tell without being there.

Excellent reaction from helpful passersby and particularly the cctv provider.
She was a particularly dour individual. i'm not sure she knows what humour is.

Top Bottom