Taking off the door mirror...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

@User The sad thing about this exchange is that you are more fussed about arguing the toss over the speed I estimated the car passed by me than the fact that the driver didn't think that had I been pitched off in front of him with a blow out or pothole, that he would have nowhere to go ..either at your estimation or mine. Thanks for that....

Linford

[QUOTE 2919162, member: 45"]That's not relevant. We've all stood on a platform when the express has been through, but Linf thinks he's at last found some unquestionable invincibility which justifies his dangerous road speeds on his motorbike and is going to impress. It doesn't. 120+ means nothing. It's an exaggeration based on what he thinks is the maximum an m3 can do on that stretch and not something that he's able to accurately estimate while riding at a claimed 30 on his bike.[/quote]

Down that hill, i think he could touch nearer 140 in an m3 given he could easily do 100 by the railway bridge at the top with a clear run from the roundabout at the racecourse entrance. Stopping could be a problem though for the lights.

I have not made any claim as to what I have or haven't done on the roads, but I have indicated nearly 140 on the racetrack (under Dunlop bridge at Donington and have the vid to prove it)..so I do know what it is to do these speeds.

Linford

[QUOTE 2919173, member: 45"]You said that he didn't pass you closely. To not make you wobble he was either not travelling at 120+ or far enough away from you to not hit you should you have fallen off.

Then again, this is fantasy land that you're choosing to get offended in.[/quote]

How wide do you think the road is there paul..you really do take the biscuit

Linford

[QUOTE 2919172, member: 30090"]Even sadder is the fact that you are chatting bollox and people entertain it.:rolleyes:[/quote]
Put me on your ignore list

Linford

[QUOTE 2919186, member: 45"]You have. You've bragged about "giving it beans" and explained how you got caught speeding.[/quote]
So have you iirc

Danny Tuff

Über Member
Not sure how I feel on this subject.

Yes, motorists from time to time give us the jumps with some idiotic behavior, and that naturally evokes us to display a defensive emotion naturally, normally anger.

However, I don't feel the need to take up the act of criminal damage as a constructive reaction.

Linford

[QUOTE 2919202, member: 30090"]Why should I? You are the one talking complete bollox and the way in which this thread has gone is f***ing unbelievable.[/quote]
And you are now doing what ?

You just come across as a typical London cyclist who rides very aggressively, and feels that priority is something to take especially with the rljing you have previously boasted about. You command no respect because you give little and so invite confrontation....

gavgav

Guru
Is assault a legal reasonable and proportionate response to minor criminal damage? Yet many seem to think it likely. Odd.
Of course it isn't but that won't stop some people. Just get the registration number of the car and report to the police, without putting yourself in any more danger than has already been caused by the idiot behind the wheel

gavgav

Guru
Once again someone comes up with 'you are liable to come up with an irate driver'.
People spout that mantra as if cyclists should just put their head down and run/ride away and that they shouldn't confront motor thuggery. Well whoop de bloody doo.. I tell you what, a car driver purposely endangers this cyclists life then you can be sure that this cyclist will be more irate and angry then any car driver will ever be. I will not be bullied, I will not be forced off the road. Car drivers have absolutely no right to intimidate, act aggressive or bully cyclists off the road. I am not talking about some crappy close pass I am talking about pure aggression by a car driver, aggression that can kill.
Report them to the police and let them do their job

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Maybe, maybe not.
You are missing the point.

What I am not going to do is just stand there and do nothing, take abuse, just leave it or ride away because 'you may come up against an irate driver or make things worse'. Whether the police become involved is neither here nor there.

You take the abuse, run and hide ok, me.. I will stand my ground.

report a close pass? ha ha ha ha ha! he cops have said they won't bother doing anything about drivers on mobiles, going down the cop shop to report a close pass would be a complete waste of time.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Never been in the position to need to resort to door mirror tactics really, and I intentionally wouldn't seek to damage a vehicle - not my bag.

However, like others, I am sick of being driven at by dangerous threatening drivers.

I will never throw the first punch, and am as amiable a chap as you're ever likely to meet, but get in MY personal space in a threatening manner and I WILL do something to you that will make you wish it had been your farking wing mirror.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Of course it isn't but that won't stop some people. Just get the registration number of the car and report to the police, without putting yourself in any more danger than has already been caused by the idiot behind the wheel

Yes. Very funny. But sorry gavgav your ignorance on the subject is embarrassing the other contributors to this thread.:stop:

Linford

Maybe, maybe not.
You are missing the point.

What I am not going to do is just stand there and do nothing, take abuse, just leave it or ride away because 'you may come up against an irate driver or make things worse'. Whether the police become involved is neither here nor there.

You take the abuse, run and hide ok, me.. I will stand my ground.

I feel you are confusing irate = someone who has a beef with you after they have been witness or have been inconvenienced by your actions
or ignorant = someone who has acted in a way which has put you in danger through an act of thoughtlessness
or lastly belligerent = someone who without provocation has targeted you for 'special' treatment because they think they can do so and get away with it.

Can you clarify what you mean ?

Top Bottom