1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tales from today's commute....

Discussion in 'Commuting and Utility Cycling' started by martint235, 28 Jun 2012.

1. J1888

J1888 Senior Member

Indeed - loads of Bozo Bikes and 'irregulars'.

Scum, sub-human scum

2. martint235

martint235 Dog on a bike

Sorry but some of these "scum" may use this as an opportunity to get in to cycling. That out of the garage bike may be traded for an upmarket road bike and the rider may upgrade themselves to an established cyclist.

Just sayin'.

3. Simontm

Simontm Über Member

Was talking about quantity not quality!!

4. J1888

J1888 Senior Member

Until they pay their membership to the London Commuters Club, then they're nothing to me.

5. martint235

martint235 Dog on a bike

I wasn't aware there was a London Commuters Club. I assume it's different from the wastes of space over at LCC?

6. J1888

J1888 Senior Member

Yes, send me your bank account details and I'll sign you up; just £250 per month. :whistle:

7. martint235

martint235 Dog on a bike

Nah you're ok. I've managed 20 years of London commuting without a club. If I joined a club, there would probably be requisities around smiling and waving at people.

8. J1888

J1888 Senior Member

Strictly no smiling

9. subaqua

subaqua Guru

what about head nodding in a knowing manner ( as opposed to real nodders) or waving ?

commute was bonkers and there were a lot of very upmarket bikes with people who have no idea how to ride in a group but wearing lots of "team kit" .

HarryTheDog and NorthernDave like this.
  10. J1888

J1888 Senior Member

Aye - as martint235 states above, it's great to get more people on bikes I think - a lot of us were, after all, in the same position once upon a time - i.e. new to commuting. However, before I did start, I came here, had a read of the guide book, did some practice runs of my route at quiet times. I think that for novice riders choosing to go out on Tube Strike day is a risky business!

11. subaqua

subaqua Guru

I was never a weekend warrior . Wear full kit if you want doesn't matter , but please learn to ride with a group.

Not aimed at you BTW. Just in general .

12. Simontm

Simontm Über Member

Well that was a wet and windy ride back. Everything soaked. Apologies to anyone's ears thanks to my friggin front brake.
    Numpty count:0

HarryTheDog likes this.
  13. HarryTheDog

HarryTheDog Über Member

As above but no squeaky brake. Ran into a guy on a moped I used to ride with years ago, he couldn't believe
    I was still commuting. ( he gave up due to accidents and several near death experiences)

14. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

Nasty conditions for this evenings commute. Very wet with squally showers and rain, very dark too. Made for a tough ride home.
    Like the proverbial drowned one by the time I got home.

15. Jenkins

Jenkins Veteran

Another one with a wet commute home. Shoes, gloves and trousers now drying on various radiators.