Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
On the way home passed a struggling cyclist :bicycle:going t'other way ( headwind ) with several cars stacked behind him. Enough room to overtake by any driver with the skill, but there you go. Anyway, as I passed the first car behind said cyclist, the driver hooted, looked across to me and threw his hands up in dismay. So I gave him a smile and a cheery wave - and carried on. Arf, arf - ! :rofl:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nice - what was the ground clearance on it? Probably get stuck on the first speed hump on my commute!
Doesn't look a lot does it?

dhd.evans

Veteran
Stripped and cleaned the bike last night, removed the destroyed shifter (came off so hard the cables ripped through the plastic upper on the shifter) and prepped it to receive the new shifter arriving this week.

Back on the bike in a few days, already missing the commute.

Woke early this morning having had disrupted sleep for the last few nights and decided to rest for a day or two. Some days I wish I had a shorter minimum commute as it'd make for a much easier decision. I know I could do the miles today but feel drained mentally more than anything.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Woke early this morning having had disrupted sleep for the last few nights and decided to rest for a day or two. Some days I wish I had a shorter minimum commute as it'd make for a much easier decision. I know I could do the miles today but feel drained mentally more than anything.
Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon and that you're back enjoying your commute sooner rsther then later.

rivers

How far can I go?
Glorious ride in this morning. And two hot air balloons spotted in the distance that were pretty much directly overhead by the time I got to work. I wish I took a photo

dhd.evans

Veteran
New shifter arrived and fitted; couldn't get the gears to index properly (through-routed bike is hard) and ended up just locking it into fixed position at 2300hrs. Road the bike in fixed gear this morning, 2 x 11:

vvs4zJJhhX4CqcTpRmCtQ8lWJhnUPx6r-oMQXV-18Ew-2047x1536.jpg

And for those who want a laugh the reason i had to replace my shifter and ride fixed this morning:

I'm a dumbass.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
About 35-40 miles for the round trip depending on route. I love doing it but some days I wish I had the option of just doing 15-20 total.

I hear ya.
At the moment I am doing a 35 mile round commute. But that's only due to the great weather. Door to door is 24 mile round trip, so easy to cut short if need. Not that I ever bloody do :-)

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Had this horrible close pass this morning, the lady just couldn't wait. At the lights she gave me the finger when I gestured for more space. Totally unnecessary.

Otherwise it was a beautiful sunny ride to work !

Top Bottom