Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep!

I've been a victim of a vigilante... :cycle:

I think I remember in the thread, and I still can't find it. If you look carefully, you can see the phone is not a camera phone. just an old style numeric pad phone. So you can sleep easy.

Edit: In fact it mentions it in the video.

Last edited:

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I think I remember in the thread, and I still can't find it. If you look carefully, you can see the phone is not a camera phone. just an old stsule numeric pad phone. So you can sleep easy.
Yep, it looked like a Nokia 3310. But it could have been the new one rather than the original :laugh:

I'll be ready for her next time :okay:

DrLex

merely the moocher
@DrLex

Probably not great to put a bunny into the office fridge unless already skinned & bagged up, really. If you find a wounded one again, breaking its neck is swift and can be done without implements. Sad to see.
Three carcasses this morning. Myxomatosis, perhaps? Didn't stop to check for lumps.

Lonestar

Veteran
Long job today.Was disappointed with my speed on the early ride in as I was sluggish...Coming back was apprehensive probably due to the rain.Had seen plenty of cyclists at work all day.On the Prudential Ride thingy....So on the wet commute back I got past Tower Gateway heading for the Shadwell/Limehouse direction to go on the usual Canning Town route. in the eastern direction.A cyclist with the Prudental plastic bag thingy on his back like a rucksack thingy of who I had caught...but had impressive legs and a geared bike which looked like he could have beat me for pace and eaten me for breakfast...So he asked directions for Stratford....He had cycled from Waterloo (after getting a train from Guildford) and somehow found himself on the CS 3...Apparently he was going to catch a cab from where he started off from Waterloo but the cabbie had quoted £45 for him and his bike....So I've gone blank as I was so fixed in my route.I got him to follow me and used an old route...Turned off at Limehouse...Up White Horse Lane/Aston Street onto the CS 2 near Mile End and I got him to Stratford.Don't know where his hotel was,though.

That's the first time I've used the CS 2 from the Mile End direction in quite a while.

Apparently he's on the ride tomorrow.I'd never trust him with my directions...he'd end up in Bristol.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
During the school summer holidays I can sometimes push the commute out to this 20 mile route in the morning. I was wide awake at 0615 so left the house at 0715 to fit this nice route in. The only thing was that the lanes up to Leyhill were wet and muddy. Beautiful morning for a ride though !
https://www.strava.com/activities/1110036036
20 miles.jpg

rivers

How far can I go?
I wasn't feeling great this morning, so I left the house about an hour later than normal. It's summer, so I have that luxury since I work in a university. The B2B is insanely busy an hour later! Once I was past Fishponds, it started to quiet down a bit. I prefer it when it's quieter. Great day for a ride though, and am very much looking forward to my extended route home tonight.

si_c

Guru
Slow and steady ride in today, legs are a bit achey and there was a pretty steady headwind all the way in so I just wasn't feeling it. Couple of bell ends in vans today as well.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Beautiful afternoon commute to work. Sun is out with a rather strong breeze to keep things cool. Rain clouds are looming though :sad: hopefully it will be just a little splash as forecast then a few buckets. Im not quite kitted out for a heavy downpour

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Beautiful commute home, Not too cold and not too breezy either -- the perfect conditions for any long night ride!

f**kin smashed it after half way to make up for lost time at a set of lights at a junction that was being absolutely retarded. I was waiting at least two to three mins while the lights changed for everyone else twice and me and the folks behind me hadnt moved an inch. I got annoyed with the wait after the lights changed AGAIN for the other folks and decided to push out and jumped it... Still managed a respectable 29mins which is bang in the middle in of my commute times.

b*******d lights!!

dfthe1

Only been cycle commuting a few weeks -- 11 miles each way. Upgraded to a carbon bike on Friday and the difference is very noticeable. Did my fastest ride home (and, in fact, fastest average speed of any ride) today at just short of 20mph.

rivers

How far can I go?
I had a nice ride in today. I left at my normal time, so the B2B was much quieter. Made it to work in an hour an 2 minutes today, way down from an hour and 36 minutes a year ago. I wasn't even really trying today, and actually thought I was going a bit slow.

Top Bottom