Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
After a couple of months of thinking the gear cable was ready to snap, today I was proved correct :rolleyes:. Luckily I'd finishing do the hills at dinner time and had a flat ride back to work.

Coming home was a bit harder

John_S

Über Member
At the moment in the evening on the ride home from work it seems like there is currently an explosion of insects flying in the air. I'm getting hit by so many of them it's like being pebble dashed and inevitably you end up chewing on a few of the flying things as well.

Tonight on the way home just as I was at the base of a hill and unusually large unidentified flying insect flew into my mouth and hit me right at the back of the throat making me cough and splutter and lose all of my momentum at the bottom of the clim which was really annoying.

Still I'm swallowing so many insects on the way home at the moment I'd never have any need for any fancy sports company protein gels/bars or anything like that.

I suppose that perhaps I should just close my mouth and breath through my nose but I've got a stinking cold right now and can't really breath through my nose and so I don't really have any option but to have my bought open. Maybe I need some kind of face mask/filter to wear on my face but maybe that might end up looking a bit Hannibal Lecter and scare everyone else that I see on my commute.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
At the moment in the evening on the ride home from work it seems like there is currently an explosion of insects flying in the air.

I did an Audax last Sunday down in deepest darkest Kentishire in the Garden Of Englandshire.. and jeez.. the amount of flying things in the air. By the time I got home I wasn't hungry and when I took my top off a good few fell onto the floor. Buggerers.

icowden

Veteran
We all know about the days when the legs lack any enthusiasm for pedaling. Yesterday though on that lovely sunny morning, my legs felt supercharged. Got to the station in 8 minutes (usually takes me 12-15 minutes, 20 when the legs are in a bad mood). Anyone else get supercharged?

Even coming home, they were in a good mood - although I did encounter the flying insects near the meadow / pond. Remembered to shut my mouth though.

Zanelad

Guru
A great ride into the office this morning. Every traffic light was in my favour, every junction clear. 40 minutes without the need to stop or unclip, heaven.

Sat at work with a cup of tea and an enormous sense of well-being (to quote Phil Daniels).

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Walked Daughter to school then rode the short route in, chiefly using my left leg for power as I've sprained my right hip doing machete bushwhacking for 2 hours on Saturday.

A lovely sunny ride to work !

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I think I might have gone a little far at dinner time :rolleyes:

2019-05-21 13-07-17 2 ScreenShot.jpg

Hicky

Guru
Matey boy in a 66plate big Merc calmly waited behind me whilst I filtered in the right hand lane up to a junction, as I got closer and moved left into the slow moving traffic he floors in and forces his way into the lane through the junction very dangerously.....police sirens almost immediately from the side road...karma.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
On the way home yesterday I caught a driver using her handheld mobile phone whilst moving, so that's been reported. Had a nasty close pass off a granny in an older Astra this morning. They're all out & about but didn't stop me enjoying the beautiful sunshine !

Top Bottom