Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zanelad

Guru
I enjoyed the strong tailwind on the way home yesterday and again today. I reckon it shaved around 3 minutes of my 40 minute commute yesterday. I was putting in some effort, it must be said. Took it easier today but still saved some time.

What was noticeable was that the outward journey consumed 13% of the battery, yet the homeward trip took only 6%.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I've reported 39 drivers to Avon & Somerset police, using camera footage since 22.11.18. Chiefly for close passes or mobile phone abuse. Just over 1/week. Only 4 were no further action, 7 received a notice of intended prosecution, and 28 received advisory/warning letters. So that's 35 drivers who've been contacted by the Police about their dodgy driving.

Hopefully a proportion of those will up their game somewhat for the benefit of everyone else !

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Odd behaviour from the driver of an Astra this morning on a roundabout I always take the lane on because drivers who signal on it are a rarity. He drove behind me revving his engine and then began hammering his horn, until I cleared the roundabout and resumed my normal road position.
If he had wanted to add delay to his destination arrival time, I would have thought it easier to have parked up for a short while.

icowden

Veteran
I had odd behaviour from a black cabbie last night. Decided to overtake me with a close pass whilst cornering, then try to overtake the cyclist in front, forcing him off the road. Both maneuvers were pointless as we was drawing to a set of traffic lights.

Have reported to the Met to see if it goes anywhere. Happily the GoPro recorded it all.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I had odd behaviour from a black cabbie last night. Decided to overtake me with a close pass whilst cornering, then try to overtake the cyclist in front, forcing him off the road. Both maneuvers were pointless as we was drawing to a set of traffic lights.

Have reported to the Met to see if it goes anywhere. Happily the GoPro recorded it all.

London black cabbies are a law unto themselves.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member

Maybe he didn't see you. In which case it's your fault....
I'll say it again if you like. If cyclists are not seen it's their own fault.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
First wet one for a while here as well.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
A wet ride home last. Started with drizzle and by the end it was heavy drops.
I had a scary few seconds his morning. Cycling through Salford and I could hear a horrendous banging and scraping coming from behind me and getting louder by the second. Some traffic lights just ahead of me were on red and as I slowed down an aggregate lorry drew up beside me. The noise was the front end of the near side impact bars detached from the lorry and gouging into the road.
Having spoken to the driver about the vehicle defect I left him to it, but I can't think what planet he was on ignoring the racket as I could hear it from some distance away.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Slightly unusual for the commute thread. My commute is 20km each way and I leave home at 3.30am. I am taking part in the Transcontinental Race this year and have found the commute very useful for all sorts of practices during the winter.
It is shocking how much time you can lose just by getting in and out of bed. Especially when you tot up the accumulated time over 16 days.
Yesterday was sleeping practice. I was rubbish. I must try harder^_^
IMG_20190604_141256.jpg

IMG_20190604_142440.jpg

IMG_20190604_142655.jpg

Johnno260

Veteran
I have been doing a partial commute for a while now especially as the traffic in T Wells is a joke most days, last night the traffic was stacked everywhere, I filtered through the worst safely and my work colleagues went postal this morning! said cyclists wonder why we have a bad name etc, I replied saying it was safe to filter and they had no issue with the motorcyclists and scooters, their reply well they have engines...... that's logic for you?

Top Bottom