Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
Makes you wonder whether these people ever passed a driving test !

True I even said, you were going to overtake as I heard the car drop down a gear, and I knew it wasn’t safe.

They just assume the cyclist is being difficult.

As for my work mates they love giving me abuse for cycling, any excuse and it’s a day of them on their high horse, when in fact their opinion means nothing as they’re talking complete nonsense.

Leaway2

Lycrist
20190614_172325.jpg

Aaaaaaaw.

After not cycling or commuting for nearly 3 months due to having to work form home as no office, then holiday then knackering my back 3 weeks ago lifting paving slabs, today was my first adventure back into commuting to a new office. My office location was now further into the jungle of London, near Tower Bridge. Once I was past Canary Wharf I was into uncharted areas for me. Luckily I spied a swift looking middle aged guy who looked like he knew where he was going and what he was doing . I asked him If I was on the right track for Tower Bridge and he said, "follow me" He was a swift but safe rider and had me delivered to my destination in no time. Cable street etc turned out not to be the stuff of legend and I found it quite tame, no evidence of legions of light jumping shoaling cycle hordes. My guide tells me that's because we were fairly early , later its a nightmare. I felt invigorated and not smashed at all which surprised me. we'll see if I feel so chipper after the commute home. Also I will probably be leaving with the marauding hordes so will be interesting to see how that goes.

macp

Guru
Yet again my route is water logged and my shoes and socks drying on the rad. The trusty Kona my 2 wheeled landy takes it in its stride.

26a1bb769a.jpg

On the same road found this little chap. A tiny kitten shivering at the side of the road. RSPCA could not attend quickly. Im not leaving him here so tucked him in my panniers and took him to work for a warm up and a drink. He is now safe and sound and being cared for at my local RSPCA cat sanctuary.

26b2f5dd3e.jpg

26bfd00642.jpg

dhd.evans

Veteran
Yet again my route is water logged and my shoes and socks drying on the rad. The trusty Kona my 2 wheeled landy takes it in its stride.

View attachment 471224

On the same road found this little chap. A tiny kitten shivering at the side of the road. RSPCA could not attend quickly. Im not leaving him here so tucked him in my panniers and took him to work for a warm up and a drink. He is now safe and sound and being cared for at my local RSPCA cat sanctuary.

View attachment 471225

View attachment 471226

Who ever said cyclists aren't sexy was wrong. Look at you, picking up the pussy.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What a glorious mornings commute. No wind, quite warm and even the traffic behaved. Throw in a bit of SCR and it made for a very nice commute. Joyous.
However.....
It's going to p!ss down later so looking for yet another wet ride home.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Sunny commute last two days, makes a change from the rain up here of late. Anyway been using some new routes in and out, involving gravel/dirt/tarmac tracks aka old railway lines and canal paths. Nice for a change and now only ever riding my CX bike, the good bike is gathering dust ! I think its time I got myself a nice lightweight carbon CX/Gravel frame and nice wheels to match :tongue:

John_S

Über Member
I've had a mixed bag of riding in the recent down pours and on somedays I've been lucky in having got away with avoiding the worst of the rain.

However today was one of those annoying days when after a largely dry day apart from a few brief showers it then changed and about 5 minutes before I left work the rain started to appear again and when I went out to get my bike it was in full on power shower mode and I got completely drenched.

It made me regret having taken the time to give my shoes a thorough clean yesterday evening which I was only doing following all the previous soakings that my shoes had taken. I shouldn't have bothered and just left the shoes dirty until this current run of rain has passed and then given them a decent clean.

Top Bottom