Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
I made a late call to cycle to school with the kids. I'd the bikes pulled out of the garage, getting them ready when mine fell over with the hamax seat attached. Unfortunately my helmet was hanging off the handlebars with glasses attached, which snapped the said glasses when the bike landed. Added to that, the back wheel dislodged so it had to be hurriedly attached again. Less than a mile into the commute, when i changed to the big rear cog, the chain slipped off. The mech must've been damaged when the bike fell. I had to try and lift my 5 yo off the rear seat without using now oily hands, as the bike lent against a wall. We were then back in action for a glorious few miles on to school, arriving only 5 or so minutes late. Once the drop off was complete, my wind assisted 12 mile commute to work was cracking, all apart from gearing which certainly now needs attention.

I have used these guys for glasses before, Vision Express sorted out the RX adapter for me.

https://brightcycling.co.uk/

Sixmile

Veteran
I have used these guys for glasses before, Vision Express sorted out the RX adapter for me.

Fortunately the glasses I use are £4 Uvex sunglasses which I have bought half a dozen of as I tend to break or lose a few sets every year.

StickyPTFE

If you don't mind waiting for shipment, you can buy the same glasses for ~£17 from their chinese supplier.

upload_2019-6-21_12-33-40.png

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Reported two drivers tapping away on their mobile phones plus one nasty close pass all in the course of six miles riding home!

That makes four reports today. What's going on ??!

Yesterday as soon as I started to roll home ran into a old acquaintance and chatted for a couple of miles, than ran into another and then the 3 of us were joined by a 4th I did not know, but I did not mind him tagging along drafting as we were chatting for around 10 miles, we then peeled off one by one to our own destinations. Later on looking at flyby the guy I did not know was welcome to the draft as he was doing 41 miles!
Today I was expecting to be a drowned rat as when I woke up the rain was battering hell out of my conservatory roof. However a dry commute! , no waterproof and was only damp on my arrival at work due to sweating! . Had a little bit of SCR with some young guy ( ok I was drafting the hell out of him) in the last 3 miles but he suddenly swung off, much to his surprise and mine I was locking up my bike as he turned up in the garage. He gave me a look as if to say " how did that porky little old geezer beat me in"

dhd.evans

Veteran
Got a spare 12mins to give the bike a quick wipe down this morning; applied Morgan Blue on the chain and degreased it. Running lovely.

Day is absolutely gorgeous so extended my commute from 7mi to 14mi. Blazing sun.

Top Bottom