Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On the commute home last night I jumped off a kerb and the chain jumped off, I smacked my shin on a pedal and landed on the top tube with my gentlemans vegetables, I nearly threw up. Also made all the more embarrassing by doing it right in front of a young lady. Lost some skin on the shin but nothing major and had me peed off for the rest of the ride.
This morning had a minor shock when another cyclist came from behind and smacked my arse, turned out to be a mate unfortunately, not a lady paying me a compliment. We rolled in together for the next 10 miles catching up on news.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
On the commute home last night I jumped off a kerb and the chain jumped off, I smacked my shin on a pedal and landed on the top tube with my gentlemans vegetables, I nearly threw up. Also made all the more embarrassing by doing it right in front of a young lady. Lost some skin on the shin but nothing major and had me peed off for the rest of the ride.
This morning had a minor shock when another cyclist came from behind and smacked my arse, turned out to be a mate unfortunately, not a lady paying me a compliment. We rolled in together for the next 10 miles catching up on news.

Hope springs eternal !

Trust everything feels better today.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It was like a spring morning today. Very mild for the time of year. Still in short sleeves and shorts for the moment.
This afternoons commute is looking like a wet one though.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
On the way home this afternoon

View attachment 487626

https%3A//i.imgur.com/fMOp0Hv.png[/img]'] View attachment 487627

I think the words irony and highway code do not form part of the driver's vocabulary.
I wonder what Transport for Greater Manchester will think ?
Don't know but let us know what they do. Public flogging of the driver by the blessed Boardman?

mjr

Made my point, I think. No need to nose out like this at all. Drivers have unobstructed vision from the give way markings.

Normally a driver who has stopped like this will reverse back when it becomes plain he's causing an obstruction, long before I actually get to him.

I enjoy riding straight at the driver's window and stopping blocking their view until they reverse, but cycle lanes here are wider than that one.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I enjoy riding straight at the driver's window and stopping blocking their view until they reverse, but cycle lanes here are wider than that one.

I will try to let them out, but the traffic on my right was very steady & going quite fast. I am less inclined to let them out if the driver blocks me off like this, though.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

I will try to let them out, but the traffic on my right was very steady & going quite fast. I am less inclined to let them out if the driver blocks me off like this, though.
Yeah, I saw you check the traffic in the next lane. I do the same, if they're not being a daffodil blocking the lane, especially if there's only one so it means I don't have to cross the front of a motorist.

Fun commutes yesterday. I went the opposite direction to usual and at the only junction where I have to cross two lanes (the cycleway crosses into the central reservation), trucks slowed on the approach and straddled both lanes to let me cross. Both out and home. Very unusual.

rivers

How far can I go?
Took the winter bike in yesterday as Dr. Bike was in, and figured the winter bike could use a check over. And now it's off to my LBS this afternoon to have some new tubeless tyres fitted as my rear hutchinson overide was bald. Only 1800 miles on them, which is a shame as they aren't a cheap tyre. Going for some pirelli cinturatos this time around, and will get a second set of wheels for my off-road shenanigans.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Spectacular sunrise over the North Sea on the way in this morning - it was just a pity that I was running late and couldn't stop to properly appreciate it.

Top Bottom