Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
I feel sorry for people who don't ride to work in the morning
Me too:okay:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Wet again, but at least the wind has finally dropped.

Out of 20 commutes this year (10 each way) there's been two full wet ones, one with a light shower in the last couple of miles and two with occasional spots of rain.

Mike_P

Guru
My ^_^ at not having to go into the office yesterday did not last as a case of lower back pain developed:sad: One restless night later it seemed better so headed in on the road bike, definite twinge on the first climb of any note so decided to walk up the steep hill on the short route to work and it probably did not take any longer than cycling round the less steep route which I would otherwise have done.

Grabbed one of the adjustable height desks and worked standing, or at least trying to stay standing while in danger of nodding off. Decided best to take half a day off as this afternoon would have a been a real unproductive struggle. Headed home, the wind was noticeable if not severe and it, together with the passing traffic on the A59, promptly did a good job at waking me up. Again decided to walk a bit - the last uphill section is on a U shaped route and there is a direct footpath so again probably just as quick.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Lat nights commute was actually horrific. It wasn't cold but persistent heavy rain and very strong winds made for a tough old commute ride home. Like a drowned rat I think this the expression, a bloody knackered one at that.

This mornings commute was pretty grotty too. Still raining but thankfully the wind had dropped. Just a lot of standing water anf flooded roads to contend with.

At least there's a break from the wet for this evenings commute as the sun is shining and it's looking like it will stay dry. However, tomorrow morning see's the return of more rain. Great.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I have been away from the office on jury service, and only managed to cycle into Bristol city centre for that a couple of times in the last 10 days.

So it was a real pleasure to get back on the bike this morning & do ten miles in. The heavy rain which came on around 1pm has abated so I should have a chiefly dry ride home as well.

Top Bottom