Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
A close pass because the driver didn't consider the oncoming Shogun will always be reported to the police ☹️😬
DVR00281_3063731211583688209.jpg

So we have a range of 73 C, from @hennbell's -30 to @Shut Up Legs 43. I think my coldest commute ever was around -3C, and my warmest around 28C.
My range is from -30 C in the winter to 33 C in the summer so 63 C.
Would look better if we used farenheit my range would be 113.4

Sixmile

Veteran
Wind assisted fattie ride to work this morning averaging 15.6mph over 7 miles. That was with a lot of stops at the traffic lights so the big yin was going a fair lick with the wind behind us!

Randombiker9

Yesterday, On way back from work I stopped briefly as I had been stressed out recently from home and work etc.. anyway didn’t help that some young me decided to damage my bike and threatend to steal it. They didn’t steal it but now there’s damage to the seat, gears and wheels are slightly buckled. Front more than rear and possibly breaks (as the breaks are making a weird notice) They drove off as soon as I said you know your on camera (my audio doesn’t work) later on a bystanderasked if I was ok ended up calling the police and two PCSO’s came I explained and they said there colleagues were going to have a look on the shops CCTV. I do have it on camera but my battery went low so couldn’t show at time. (And the time and date but I know the date and time on my camera always is wrong for some reason.
Anyway how do you send helmet camera footage to the police because obviously I should send it. Is it possible through online

Mike_P

Guru
@Randombiker9 Have you a case number? I reported a close pass . Emailed the video but it got blocked due its size and they asked for it to be sent by a Dropbox. Best ask them how they want to receive it.

Reactions: C R
@Randombiker9 sounds like a awful experience, how did the damage the bike? hit it with a weapon or kick it?. In essex you have to upload several minutes before and after the incident so the files do tend to be huge. The police have a dedicated site for this. Think youll just have to google how your police force does it.

Randombiker9

@Randombiker9 Have you a case number? I reported a close pass . Emailed the video but it got blocked due its size and they asked for it to be sent by a Dropbox. Best ask them how they want to receive it.
Nope, but they asked for my mobile number. Also it was PCSO's that turned up, they did say their colleagues were going to check the Shops CCTV as it happened near to outside a shop but didn't hear anything or see anyone checking unless they meant like a different day or through their radios.

@Randombiker9 sounds like a awful experience, how did the damage the bike? hit it with a weapon or kick it?. In essex you have to upload several minutes before and after the incident so the files do tend to be huge. The police have a dedicated site for this. Think youll just have to google how your police force does it.
kicking it and throwing it i'm going to get halfords on thursday afternoon to fix it. Would it help if i ask them to write the damages down and sign it so that way if anything happens and others try saying there's no damage (even though their was right after they did i checked.) Would that help (i know the dates wrong on their my camera keeps changing it too the wrong date and time hence why the right date is in the title.)
. (this is what my camera caught.)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2z1uLQKdi4

Last edited:

Randombiker9

Why the music.
If you are going to send that to the Police get rid of the music.
There’s no audio anyway and ok

Randombiker9

wow what human trash, least they didn't hurt you physically, I would say this behavior surprises me but it doesn't anymore.
Thanks and I know but after this incident I just get shaken up. Still am in a bad mood even though I’m at volunteering I litreally only got 4 hours sleep instead of my ussuall 8 hours do have a slight wrist pain from when they kicked the bike out my hand but I think that’s more too do with my low muscle tone as I only just noticed it today when I’m typing and cleaning out at my volunteering. I’m being very quiet at my volunteering because of it but I’ve got a feeling the staff is going to ask at lunch
yeah but Things could of been worse like if I was on it at the Time
I guess they realised there mistake as they drove off afterwards probably saw my camera

Mike_P

Guru
First biked commute since last Tuesday today, two days worked at home and three taking cover in the 4 wheel thing from flying twigs etc so the lull in the strong winds was welcomed. Took it carefully this morning as it looked a bit glittery and quite glad the road bike has a new set of relatively grippy 28s (Vittoria Zaffiro IVs). The ebike still being in bits. On the return found a long queue of traffic on the A59, a set of TTLs have been on it for some time but now they have also closed for other road works the alternative route west as used in the opposite direction by the UCI circuit.
So spying a typically empty pavement the bike wholly on its own accord led its rider on to it:rolleyes: Once round a bend over a beck it becomes a cycleway anyway. It looked like the cycleway was blocked further on albeit with no sign at the preceding junction so I turned off earlier than normal onto a shorter but slightly steeper route.

Top Bottom