Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You know what I hate.
When someone overtakes you, then they just DIE.......if you are going to overtake another rider then please at least make an effort. Don't get upset that I will sit on your back wheel all the way up Bromley Hill, you huffing and puffing away trying to find the right gear whilst I cruise up sucking your wheel.

Don't ya just hate that?

Reactions: gaz

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Yup, am with you there, and then, you have to take them over again.. feel like cattle prodding them. Had a wheel sucker today, he apologized and was friendly but said he didnt have the power to over take me, which was a nice moral boost. I told him to wear lyrca, rather than jeans, haha.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Yup, am with you there, and then, you have to take them over again.. feel like cattle prodding them. Had a wheel sucker today, he apologized and was friendly but said he didnt have the power to over take me, which was a nice moral boost. I told him to wear lyrca, rather than jeans, haha.

That's a good line,I should use that.:whistle:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Came across one of the most annoying cyclists I have ever met in my life again today.
He slowly cruises along at the speed of some of the slower cyclists (so around 14/15mph) but as soon as anyone faster comes by, he just has to overtake them. And he overtakes like you are on a bloody club run, cm's to spare for no bloody reason!

So this morning I pass him at around 22mph, he obviously has to get in front, but there are some red traffic lights ahead. So he squeezes past me and sits at the lights in front of me.

Lights turn green, cue him not giving a toss and cruising at 15mph again. Again I pass him at 22mph, he just has to overtake me so speeds up and passes me with inches to spare but then slows down as soon as he passes me. So I bump the speed up to 26mph and go past him again. Straight away he speeds up and overtakes me again!

Eugh!! I don't mind a bit of SCR but this guy is just so annoying!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Came across one of the most annoying cyclists I have ever met in my life again today.
He slowly cruises along at the speed of some of the slower cyclists (so around 14/15mph) but as soon as anyone faster comes by, he just has to overtake them. And he overtakes like you are on a bloody club run, cm's to spare for no bloody reason!

So this morning I pass him at around 22mph, he obviously has to get in front, but there are some red traffic lights ahead. So he squeezes past me and sits at the lights in front of me.

Lights turn green, cue him not giving a toss and cruising at 15mph again. Again I pass him at 22mph, he just has to overtake me so speeds up and passes me with inches to spare but then slows down as soon as he passes me. So I bump the speed up to 26mph and go past him again. Straight away he speeds up and overtakes me again!

What a twonk LOL. Now I do want to see that on vid

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike

One of the wheelsuckers I had recently was doing that. Passing Selhurst station at 30mph put him off though. I think it's the Carradice that attracts them to me. :rolleyes:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Might be the nutter that used to live near me. Used to do that to all the local club lads on training runs - you'd fly past him then he'd wheel suck you (didn't overtake though).

dawesome

I wear normal trousers and a polo shirt and I get lycra warriors try it on, huff and puff and pant and get in front then ease off. I wait for as long as is polite but let them know I'm right behind them then drop them on an uphill.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Got caught in a massive heavy downpour this evening. Had to shelter under a bus stop.
Then noticed that a lady had broken down in the middle of the road just behind me. Cars were passing either side of her.
I said I would give her a push. I tried to stop the traffic but 3 cars wouldn't stop, arses. A WVM then stopped and help me push the car to the side of the road. From her description sounds like the clutch cable had snapped.

400bhp

Guru
Fantastic - It's Sagan in 15 years time, a bit older and fatter.

Never mind that - a water bottle...on commute...bloody suvern pufta. :laugh:

Top Bottom