Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Yes... twonk... of the highest order. What is his bloody point?

How many times does that happen to me at a traffic signal?

Many.Im not actually the slowest,im faster than some of these.

400bhp

Guru
Had some no mark in a 7 tonner decide to pull out on me this morning. Inevitably went past him at a set of traffic lights just 300 yards or so down the road. I pointed to my eyes, which meant he got out of his cab and started shouting profanities. This was in the centre of Manchester and he was in a works truck (which I think I know the company). I just told him there was no need for swearing & I was only pointing out for him to watch in future. He gave me the middle finger, swore some more and got back into the cab. Charming individual,

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Had some no mark in a 7 tonner decide to pull out on me this morning. Inevitably went past him at a set of traffic lights just 300 yards or so down the road. I pointed to my eyes, which meant he got out of his cab and started shouting profanities. This was in the centre of Manchester and he was in a works truck (which I think I know the company). I just told him there was no need for swearing & I was only pointing out for him to watch in future. He gave me the middle finger, swore some more and got back into the cab. Charming individual,

That's probably his chat up line.

Had some lorry do that just past Tower Bridge,must overtake,then me and a work colleague after getting out of the loonys way overtook him at the traffic jam.

Edwards80

Über Member
Saw a cyclist stopped at the side of the road on my commute yesterday, looking at his rear wheel. Thought I would stop to see if he needed patches/tube/pump etc.

Turns out his derailleur had gone through his spokes. It wasn't just snapped at the hanger by the looks of it, it had broken the bit the holds the jockey wheels off too, about 5/6 damaged spokes.

Gave him my commiserations and left him prodding his phone to call his wife. Coincidentally it was the exact place that my rear wheel popped a spoke last week. Must be some anti-cyclist-joo-joo on that road.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bumped into one of my 'regulars' yesterday. I usually say hello, but get no response as he always has headphones on. We take slightly different routes through Stockport, but then go our separate ways at Cheadle. I usually out run him, other than where tail winds or slight downhills come into play, where he overtakes in bottom gear, then usually jumps the lights in Cheadle village. Revenge is dished out on the climb back home though :evil:

GrasB

Veteran
So this morning I pass him at around 22mph, he obviously has to get in front, but there are some red traffic lights ahead. So he squeezes past me and sits at the lights in front of me.

Lights turn green, cue him not giving a toss and cruising at 15mph again. Again I pass him at 22mph, he just has to overtake me so speeds up and passes me with inches to spare but then slows down as soon as he passes me. So I bump the speed up to 26mph and go past him again. Straight away he speeds up and overtakes me again!
There's a guy that often does this sort of thing on my way home, he's rides at a fair pace, but not blisteringly quick. I pass, he passes me, then slows down over the next half mile or so until I'm catching him & then I overtake maintaining my speed, repeat. I've now given to dropping the hammer on a 5 min interval. He still tries to keep up, unfortunatly this means his on a flat out sprint to try & get back on my wheel... he doesn't last long :laugh:

Never mind that - a water bottle...on commute...bloody suvern pufta. :laugh:
Drink water of or have a blinding headache for the day making me irritable... now which would I prefer :unsure:

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I need to widen my vocabulary. I was coming down a steepish road on the way home (Beckenham Hill Rd to those that know it) doing about 30mph in primary with about 10 yards between me and the car in front. Nowhere near enough distance for me to stop but enough for me to have an exit either side of the car as it's a reasonably wide road.

A plonker naturally decided to speed (it's a 30mph limit) around me into the gap and then brake. Cue about 100 yards of expletives directed at his rear window. I caught up with him at the lights at the A21 but had run out of things to say. The only thing I could come up with that truly represented my anger was that if he did anything like that again I'd "f****ing eat him". He found the top of steering wheel fascinating until the lights changed.

Top Bottom