Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Re-intorduced myself to the "Joys" of commuting to Bolton yesterday.....it's still crap ! Good to be out on the bike though even if it is the MTB tank

dodd82

Headwind so cold it made my teeth hurt. And snow for 19 out of 22km. Plus a twunt in a Merc trying to pass me in primary in the face of the oncoming traffic on the double whites 100m from home. Utter UTTER twunt. Followed. (even turned into the leisure centre car park went around car park and then drove out) Plate memorised. Reported.

Who have you reported it to?

dodd82

First commute with the camera last night - like moths to a flame, the bad driving was out in force. One guys pulling out of a left turn right in front of me... looked like a young lad who probably saw me and couldn't be bothered to wait. Times like that I think whether it's worth just keep going and scratch the side of his car - but my leg might take the brunt!

Second incident was me approaching a single lane traffic calming measure at about 20mph, my right of way and the moron just came through anyway.

Managed to win the battle of willpower for this mornings commute and caught a heron and a dog chasing a train on my video, as well as more excellent driving from two Thompsons lorries (must be the same as yesterday).

Feeling good about myself - when the football season is over I reckon I can push up to a 4 day cycling week; meetings permitting.

DWiggy

Über Member
Got a slow puncture on the way in, only noticed the soft tyre when I got to work...hump! also had a bit o snow on way in but forecast for journey home is predicting 20mph wind with 40mph gusts, might be driving home :/

MisterStan

Label Required
The wind made it feel like hard work this morning, took the long route through the villages and avoided the Busway. A nice taxi driver showed us that his horn worked, I gave him a lovely smile and a wave!
Looks like the forecast snow will not be coming now, which is nice.

Plax

Guru
I cycled to work this morning I think for only the 2nd time this year. Felt totally great and hopefully my cycling mojo has been found again.

Unfortunately my hat blew off when I was gunning it down a hill and I couldn't be bothered traipsing back up to retrieve it. At least I still have my ear warmer sweat band things.

I also only wore 3/4 length trousers. I wasn't cold but given the ice on the side roads I was using I might return to full length trousers just to try and save my skin if I hit a patch of black ice and get offed. That happened to me about 3 years ago and it HURT. Lucky I had trousers and over trousers on and just had a massive bruise and a bent derailleur for my troubles.

Reactions: 4F

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Cold and windy, again. Just when I am thinking of removing the ice tyres it starts to snow - didn't last long, enough to wet the roads and ensure they will be icy tomorrow though :angry:.

Anyway another 50km of the Strava challenge knocked off, looking forward to the weekend, two days of rest.

Reactions: 4F

EthelF

Rain God
To the chap on the Brompton who passed me to overtake the right-turning Oranjeboom artic on the inside at Smithfield market, you are a suicidal twunt. There was a reason why I was hanging back. Please don't do it again, next time you might actually get squished and seeing that might put me off my mid-morning cake.

Other than that, and the daft woman in the black Micra deciding that the give way sign at the junction 100m from my house doesn't apply to her, and the freezing headwind, and uncooperative legs, I had a delightful commute.

Top Bottom