Tales from today's utility ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I know Swain Street well, indeed I got my paper from the Co-Op in that very street!

I live just down the coast in Blue Anchor. Did you grow up in Watchet PeteXXX or live their for a period of time as an adult?
I lived there after, I moved out of London, to get out of the dodgy scene I was in. I was 17 or 18, so that would have been 1969/70 ish.
I knew Blue Anchor quite well. A friends mum (if I remember correctly) owned Blue Anchor flats.
I still have some of the fossils I found on Watchet beach, collected on winter walks there..

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
All this talk of free produce reminds me of picking up free rhubarb while cycling around WsM. I'd forgotten about it. Fenlanders seem to sell their unwanted growings rather than give them away!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
25 mile utility ride to t'other side of town (plus a small diversion to add some miles) to collect a '5' shaped cake tin in readiness for baking my grandsons birthday cake, tomorrow morning.
On the way, I found a security badge for St Andrews hospital, so I dropped it off on the way back.
I also met a mate on his commute into work, so stopped for a chinwag for 10 mins.

:smile:

Sixmile

Veteran
I'd a short but eventful road out to a work site this afternoon. The rain had just about stopped so I ventured out along some of Belfasts finest cycleways. A few pedestrians were walking down the middle of one stretch so I slowed to go around them but due to the damp conditions and surface of the path, I was near down twice after touching my brakes.

Further on, a taxi and a van done their outmost to totally block access down the cycle path.

IMG_20190924_133657.jpg IMG_20190924_133634.jpg

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Do Belfast police or parking enforcement accept dash cam evidence?

A quick dash down to the vets after work yesterday to collect some medicine for the cat reminded me how much i hate cycling in busy rush hour time
It's mixed here. It's more awkward to cross to the cycleway, but once nearer town, it's easier to cross because cars move less.

Sixmile

Veteran
I had agreed to lift a Honda Space saver wheel a few miles across town. I didn't fancy carrying it and the city bike rear rack turned out to be a God send.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I always love the comments when I used to load my cycle trailer with shopping. Some people genuinely amazed that someone actually chose to shop by cycle. My, how they chuckled as they wobbled off to their time box. These days mostly veg from allotment as still avoiding large confined spaces.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Good to revive an old thread! Didn't see this the first time round...

Been collecting stuff from Screwfix 7 miles away and Homebase [before it shut] throughout the lockdowns [to finish all the little jobs that I'd always meant to get round to!] and still nip down there on my old Dawes as it's the only bike I have with a rack [Mrs A_T's permanently 'borrowed' my Giant hybrid]. Tins of emulsion were the trickiest to keep stable!

Top Bottom