Tall people dont have long to live

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
When I was looking for reasons for my clotting problems, I discovered a research project at a Norwegian university which showed that tall obese men are at over 500% increased risk compared to shorter men who are not obese. Obesity alone only accounts for half of the risk.

postman

Legendary Member
July 2011.Now Sept 14.i was 6'4" then i am still 6' 4".And i am still here.So much boat hooks about tall people going earl

postman

Legendary Member
This post has been put up by Mrs Postman,i wish to inform all of Bob's CC friends,he has just passed away.I don't know what i will do without him.I think i shall open a can of peas for dinner rather thank a fresh cabbage from his allotment.
:cry:

bigjim

Legendary Member
I think to be fair the research reported this time around was that women have a 16% greater risk of breast, ovarian (and some other) cancer for every 10cm they are taller than average and 16% less for being 10cm shorter. That was based on some 9000 women over 5' tall (I believe 5'5" is the average).

But this is in addition to earlier research, pretty well confirmed, which has shown that taller people have shorter life expectancy, as for that matter do larger breeds of dog over smaller ones :biggrin: It seems that the reason is a toss up (at the moment) between the higher hormone levels needed during growth to get bigger and more repairs needed to keep a big body going (just think, the heart has to pump the blood further against gravity in taller people) therefore a higher chance of a cancer getting going.
Is that why Elephants have a short lifespan? Oh hang on........

hoopdriver

Guru
Look on the bright side, the famous economist JK Galbraith who was 6ft8, found that every extra inch of height was worth $1,000 a year extra in salary - and that was quite a few years ago when salaries were quite a bit smaller than today.
And Galbraith lived to be 97 years old. Nuff said.

Blue

Legendary Member
I bet the original research was done by some shortarse with a severe case of Small Man Syndrome.
... or this type of person:-

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn-y2SqgVDM&feature=player_detailpage

Top Bottom