Taxi driver and git

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Having cameras in the car is normal - certainly in the US. You often see footage from these cameras on police video type shows, and it's usually riveting. Bit like some of the helmet camera footage we capture.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

Origamist said:
Good result.

I don't have the time or inclination to report every dangerous incident I am involved in (I have reported drivers with homicidal tendencies 3 times in the last 8 years) as I would be in and out of the cop shop every month or so. If I had a camera, I might be inclined to complain more though. I still can't bring myself to ride with one though.

Every month? Only once per month? Gosh, I think the roads where you are sound quite dreamy ;)

I don't have time to report every one of them either, but I make time to report some of them.

U

User482

Good result Cab. Though it troubles me that the local council took the action - if this had been an ordinary driver instead of a cabbie, you'd have got nowhere. Just what do they have to do to us to spur plod into action?

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

User482 said:
Good result Cab. Though it troubles me that the local council took the action - if this had been an ordinary driver instead of a cabbie, you'd have got nowhere. Just what do they have to do to us to spur plod into action?

As far as I can make out, there has to be blood on the road ;)

Origamist

Legendary Member
Cab said:
Every month? Only once per month? Gosh, I think the roads where you are sound quite dreamy :smile:

I probably have a higher threshold of what I consider imperils me. For example, the taxi incident on this thread would not be sufficient to compel me to visit the Met.

Cab said:
I don't have time to report every one of them either, but I make time to report some of them.

Me too.

Magnatom et al - I don't want to derail this thread with general hemet cam debate.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Top result Cab and a virtual 'chapeau!' to the taxi office.

One of the less glib reasons I think I have for plod not being interested is that, measured against the type and frequency of incidents, we probably experience similar levels of tosspot driving to any other road user. Plod's attitude is therefore "its the roads and its the same for everyone, so live with it." What's different are the consequences of the tosspot driving when you're as vulnerable as you are on a bike. I don't think they appreciate that component of the argument.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
I think many of the cruisers have them -but not many "ordinary" people. There has been some debate recently over having black boxes in cars and many people here don't like them -invasion of privacy sort of thing.

Interestingly, I don't think I've seen a single person with a helmet cam ever on a bike or in a car (excluding police cars).

BentMikey said:
Having cameras in the car is normal - certainly in the US. You often see footage from these cameras on police video type shows, and it's usually riveting. Bit like some of the helmet camera footage we capture.

Top Bottom