Taxi driver and git

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cab

Cab

Maz said:
It wasn't a taxi, was it? Some sort of car garage effort (with CAB in its reg...hmm).

Report him all the same.

Was that in Arbury?

Taxi with an advert for a garage, and yes, thats Arbury :biggrin:

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

Moonlight said:
If you send to video off then get rid of the sound, they are more likely to see your side of the argument if you weren't shouting at him. This may sound a little dishounourable but I hate bad drivers.

If you wish send me a copy the file and I'll edit so it sounds like there is just wind, and no words. ipomoea@rock.com or tomriglar@hotmail.com, either will get an instant reply.

Good luck with justice.

Well, the first noise I made was a warning yell; the guy was in the middle of an outrageous manoevre and its faster and louder yelling than using any other noise generating implement for bikes. The second one was way afterwards, in truth its the fact that he'd passed so dangerously and followed that up with a rude gesture in the mirror that I want to report him. And yes, I shouldn't call him an idiot and yell 'its all on camera' in return for a rude gesture, but I'm kind of happier with the 'warts and all' view that this gives.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Bollo said:
I notice the road has those 'pillows' to calm traffic. These are a bugger because:

You go left and encourage a close overtake
You go right and meet oncoming traffic trying to straddle the bump
You go over the bump and worry your arse/wrists/laptop in pannier/ all three.

They're def not cyclist friendly and I dislike them with a passion.

My neighbour bought a 4x4 when they installed them in a number of our surrounding streets, simply so he could wizz over them. Great....

Cab was in a position to deter most stupid overtaking manoeuvres, but a car trumps a bike in these situations.

I'd complain to the taxi company.

In Cambridge for meeting. Just saw this cab pass me at station! Remembered registration.
So many bikes!! (Writing on phone)

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

magnatom said:
In Cambridge for meeting. Just saw this cab pass me at station! Remembered registration.
So many bikes!! (Writing on phone)

Memorable number plate, isn't it?

And yeah, we've got HEAPS of bikes here, which (I think) is why so many of the motorists get so very angry; we're very visible, the roads are old and narrow, if the same proportion of cyclists are muppets here as elsewhere then thats sufficient to light the short fuses of the more bad tempered drivers.

You're just here in Cambridge today?

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

Phoned plod, they told me to come in to the station to report it.

Phoned taxi licensing people, they asked for a police incident number and said that their own enquiry should wait until Plod have had their say, because obviously criminal action may impact on what they do. Fair enough.

Went to station, reported incident, got number, waited more than half an hour for Plod officer to come down to take further details, enquired what was happening, could not get Plod officer down any faster, informed bloke at bench that I had to go back to work, Plod now apparently coming to see me Wednesday evening.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

Oh, one thing I don't know about; as this is now a police matter, is it appropriate to leave the footage up and publically visible on Youtube?

Looks to me like a Cab (licence no 145 reg CB53 CAB) with adverts for Nationwide Autocentre 01223 352373 placed upon it.
What a plonker…

Whilst it’s not in any way Nationwide Autocentre’s fault that they are advertising on a cab driven by a plonker, I can’t help but think that if enough people were to call their number and perhaps point out that, because of their association with such a knob, you’re going to think twice about using them … they might just change their mind about using a dangerous driver to advertise their company…

Just sent Nationwide Autocentre an email via their contact us form on their web page:

Hi

Having just watched a friend of mine nearly taken out by a dangerous driver

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx4GZIWbMtI
I was wondering if you were aware that by placing your advertising on the body of certain cab driver’s vehicles you are in danger of becoming associated with their anti-social driving habits – I’ll be thinking twice about using you’re services in the future now…

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

Interesting, and pleasingly mischievous :blush:

Plod are meant to be visiting tomorrow. I'll keep you all informed.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

It is the opinion of Plod that they don't have sufficient there to prosecute unless he's got other complaints. I don't know why I bother.

So... They're off to talk to the guy, explain that if he does it again, this is on file, etc.

I dunno, perhaps Plod knocking on his door will be sufficient to put the wind up him.

I'll be having strong words with the local taxi licensing people, and with the company.

Top Bottom