"Taxi ran down cyclist on purpose"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Origamist said:
Did you read Mr Taylor's account, he was a motorist who witnessed the incident? It tallies with the cyclist's version of events. However, I guess they were in cahoots eh, Col!

Do you think so? I dont believe the witness saw things until they started unfolding after the possible hand signal of the cyclist?

Graham O

Col,
I'm not one to get involved in arguements on here, but didn't you go through all this a few weeks ago? It is getting very tiring. Can't you just accept that you have a point of view and that others have a different one? How about everytime someone talks about "two fingering" or shouting at a driver, you make one comment and then shut up? You've made you point many times and now you just go on and on about it. We know your point of view and whether it is right or wrong, we don't accept it.

col

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
Come on col, you are really stretching things now. The court has found in favour of the cyclist, the witnesses version of events tallies with the cyclists, so to the best of our and everyone else's knowledge the cyclist did not give any aggressive signs. You are just spinning this for your own purposes.

Its good that the court has found in his favour,but then im not saying the taxi is innocent am i,and being a decent sort(hard to believe i know):biggrin: you might see the possibility of a cyclist inflaming things,golly its just a possibility.:tongue:

col

Legendary Member
Graham O said:
Col,
I'm not one to get involved in arguements on here, but didn't you go through all this a few weeks ago? It is getting very tiring. Can't you just accept that you have a point of view and that others have a different one? How about everytime someone talks about "two fingering" or shouting at a driver, you make one comment and then shut up? You've made you point many times and now you just go on and on about it. We know your point of view and whether it is right or wrong, we don't accept it.

Thats becoming obvious,but im not the one going on,im replying to a post from others,so why dont they just shut up?Or is replying not allowed when you dissagree with the subject?
And your right,it is getting tiring.

Origamist

Legendary Member
col said:
Do you think so? I dont believe the witness saw things until they started unfolding after the possible hand signal of the cyclist?

You're by the far the funniest person on this forum. Long may you continue to post.

Word of warning, Col. I'd never thank a driver with a friendly wave, in case they think you are making a wan*er gesture and try to run you down. It can happen, as you've pointed out in this thread. Who would believe your version of events though?

col said:
Its good that the court has found in his favour,but then im not saying the taxi is innocent am i,and being a decent sort(hard to believe i know):biggrin: you might see the possibility of a cyclist inflaming things,golly its just a possibility.:tongue:

Look Col. The facts of this case are clear. If you want to start, yet another thread, about inflaming the situation etc then feel free, but this thread is about this case. In this case the evidence suggests that the cyclist was an innocent victim. Unless you have evidence otherwise then it is best not to say anything at all.

For the record, no, I do not really think giving two fingers would have inflamed this situation. Contact had already been made. Anyway, as a taxi driver living and working in Glasgow, (generally a great city to live in, but it has bad areas) he will have faced abuse nearly every day of his working life, much of it far worse that two fingers, so no, in this case I think, even if the cyclist had given two fingers, it would not have made any difference.

Any questions?!:biggrin:

Graham O

col said:
Thats becoming obvious,but im not the one going on,im replying to a post from others,so why dont they just shut up?Or is replying not allowed when you dissagree with the subject?
And your right,it is getting tiring.

That sounds very much like you are responding to someone else's actions. So what is the difference between that and remonstrating with a driver after his/her poor driving?

If someone from here came round to your house and thumped you, would you apologise for forcing him into that course of action?

Jake

CycleChat
A friendly place for everyone with an interest in cycling.

col

Legendary Member
Graham O said:
That sounds very much like you are responding to someone else's actions. So what is the difference between that and remonstrating with a driver after his/her poor driving?

If someone from here came round to your house and thumped you, would you apologise for forcing him into that course of action?

Oh dear another one,:wacko:No,but i dont think that person would like the result of their actions;).Again a totally out of context example:biggrin:
Its obvious to me and probably others that Can see my point,that the usual gang refuses to,so hey ho,in trying to point out possible dangers,i get called names,well from some what else did i expect:laugh:

Graham O

col said:
Oh dear another one,:wacko:No,but i dont think that person would like the result of their actions;).Again a totally out of context example:biggrin:
Its obvious to me and probably others that Can see my point,that the usual gang refuses to,so hey ho,in trying to point out possible dangers,i get called names,well from some what else did i expect:laugh:

Have you noticed Col, that when you get wound up, your grammar goes downhill?

col

Legendary Member
Graham O said:
Have you noticed Col, that when you get wound up, your grammar goes downhill?

Another ottempt to incight:laugh:Have yu notissed people try tu upset when they get angree:biggrin:

nilling

Über Member
Unbelievable version of events from the taxi driver...if there was ever a case of somebody using a motor vehicle as a weapon it's this one but I'll not hold my breath for the sentencing though :biggrin:

Top Bottom