Taylor Landscaping - Runovers and assault Cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Luke Redpath

I originally tweeted Essex Police but now I realise where this is (Emerson Park, Hornchurch), this is actually Met Police jurisdiction, not Essex Police.

Luke Redpath

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ocked-bike-assaulted-swearing-van-driver.html

A spokesperson for TrustATrader, who represent Taylor Landscaping, said they were aware of the video, but declined to comment.

Not sure why the Daily Fail think the passenger told he cyclist to get off the phone.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
B7aW7nCIIAEBfb_.jpg

I'd really like this guy to come round to my house and dig a cycle themed garden. What a nice fellow.

ALRIGHT GEEZER !!!!!

Last edited:

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I'd really like this guy to come round to my house and dig a cycle themed garden. What a nice fellow.

ALRIGHT GEEZER !!!!!

You should give them a ring. I think cycle theme gardens are going to cycle off with this company leading the way.
Experts you know
I hear they are good at beating the competition

Lemond

So who was on the phone? The driver or the cyclist?

And why on earth did the cyclist try and undertake the van...and with what looks like a large parcel strapped to the back of his bike? Seems rather foolish to me.

And potty mouths all round. Not good. Only ever going to end in tears.

Origamist

Legendary Member

And why on earth did the cyclist try and undertake the van...and with what looks like a large parcel strapped to the back of his bike? Seems rather foolish to me.

And potty mouths all round. Not good. Only ever going to end in tears.

Driver was allegedly on the phone.

As for the cyclist undertaking, this was partially brought about by the van overtaking and braking because the driver lacked forward planning skills (the refuse truck was slowing and turning left). However, the cyclist could have stopped himself filtering on the left by slamming on his brakes.

Don't worry, I suspect the cyclist will be charged with riding-falling on the pavement when the Met get around to dealing with it....

Hip Priest

Veteran

The major news outlets have now picked up on the story, and most seem to be suggesting the cyclist was on the phone, and that it was the passenger who told him to get off the phone.

Dan B

Disengaged member
The major news outlets have now picked up on the story, and most seem to be suggesting the cyclist was on the phone, and that it was the passenger who told him to get off the phone.
Seems unlikely. During the altercation someone is heard saying "get off the farking phone and you'll see what you're farking doing" and the driver's lips don't seem to be moving in time with the words.

Bodhbh

Guru
I wouldn't have undertaken at the junction there for my own safety - in case the van pulled a left turn. I'm not getting what drove the van driver nuts tho. Was he intending to turn left and the cyclist blocked him with his undertake? I've watched it 7-8 times now and I'm none the wiser, and I can't see if he was indicating or not. It always amazes me how some people just go nuts in a split second over nothing tho, I don't get it at all.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

The indicator was on as he overtook. Those who say the cyclist was at fault would be whining and squeezing if a cyclist overtook then immediately turned left, gouging the car.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Seems unlikely. During the altercation someone is heard saying "get off the farking phone and you'll see what you're farking doing" and the driver's lips don't seem to be moving in time with the words.

Additionally, at circa 56secs the driver does not have his right hand on the steering wheel, it appears to be cocked to his ear...

Top Bottom