Taylor Landscaping - Runovers and assault Cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Additionally, at circa 56secs the driver does not have his right hand on the steering wheel, it appears to be cocked to his ear...
Yeah. Though I wouldn't say that was conclusive: I see a lot of drivers who look like they're on the phone who turn out on closer inspection just to be using their hand to hold their head up. I gues they must just have weak neck muscles

Luke Redpath

Ha ha, all they had to do was watch the clip and relay what happens and they couldn't manage that.

Well after reading the numerous victim blaming comments on the mail site I couldn't resist and emailed them. I've had a reply saying it will be corrected.

Origamist

Legendary Member
The indicator was on as he overtook. Those who say the cyclist was at fault would be whining and squeezing if a cyclist overtook then immediately turned left, gouging the car.

It's not, Glenn. The indicator is in the centre of the array. Still a craply timed overtake though.

Lemond

As this incident proves, shouting at a stranger is never a good idea. There are too many nutters out there and you never know who you're dealing with.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Yeah. Though I wouldn't say that was conclusive: I see a lot of drivers who look like they're on the phone who turn out on closer inspection just to be using their hand to hold their head up. I gues they must just have weak neck muscles

Could be an itchy scalp: dandruff, headlice etc

I note the driver also appears to put something on the dash with his left hand - no idea what that could be...

Bodhbh

Guru
As this incident proves, shouting at a stranger is never a good idea. There are too many nutters out there and you never know who you're dealing with.

Judging by the internet storm, this is probably a lesson for the driver as well.

CirrusDesAigles

Regular
The bin lorry gets far far too close for comfort when overtaking as well, I was almost as shocked by that!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Blokes like that are more dangerous when they've got company - firstly because they feel they've got support and secondly because if you insult their egos, they've got to do something about it. I was once very deliberately cut up in my car by two burly blokes in a "traveller" type flatbed Transit. They laughed at me and there was naff all I could do about it. Had I been in my Land Rover 90 I think I would have contested the road space.

KneesUp

Guru
Blokes like that are more dangerous when they've got company - firstly because they feel they've got support and secondly because if you insult their egos, they've got to do something about it. I was once very deliberately cut up in my car by two burly blokes in a "traveller" type flatbed Transit. They laughed at me and there was naff all I could do about it. Had I been in my Land Rover 90 I think I would have contested the road space.

I used to enjoy winding up such types, when I was younger. Two notable examples were a knackered old Astra - I can't remember the incident but we left the motorway together and as they went right at the roundabout I went left, and blew the (male) occupants a kiss. The passenger went berserk, bouncing in his seat and scratching at the windows - like when someone leaves an angry dog in their car and you get too close.

The other amusing one was where two lanes merged, but the driver of a some SUV decided to slam the door on me - i.e. he accelerated to close the gap in front of him as I got to it. As I had quite a fast car then, I just hoofed it and overtook another half dozen cars or so and got in further up. Obviously he didn't like this and I could see him frantically over and under taking in my rear view mirror when we got to two lanes again, so that by the next roundabout he was behind me. Not wishing to be hurried I waited for a large gap at the roundabout whilst a lot of the traffic in the inside lane carried on. Unfortunately Mr SUV had stopped so close to me that he couldn't get into the inside lane, so he had to wait. And then what do you know, when there was a big gap on the roundabout, I'd forgotten to put the car in gear and by the time I'd realised the gap was only big enough for my car. Shame.

He caught up with me again and overtook me and stopped his car in the middle of the lane (by then we were on a normal road) and got out, seemingly looking for a fight. I just overtook him and his car, leaving him stood in the middle of the road.

I got severely told off by my OH after that one, and it could have ended badly, so I don't do such things anymore. I did find it funny at the time though :smile:

Top Bottom