Tea? (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HelenD123

Guru
Arch said:
Hoorah! The boss had a stash of chocolate digestives...:smile:

He knows how to treat his staff:biggrin:. Fancy sending one my way with a cup of tea?

Arch

Married to Night Train
HelenD123 said:
He knows how to treat his staff:biggrin:. Fancy sending one my way with a cup of tea?

Ok, I've shoved one in the CD drive, will that work?

I've got an application form to fill in tomorrow - I've done the simple bits, name, education, refs etc, I just have to do the personal statement :smile:. Basically, they say "Why do you want the job" and I have to find a way of saying "Because I need the money" that sounds noble.

Actually, I can think of several things to say, it's finding a way to make them sound sincere and not trite that's difficult.

At some point over the weekend I'm going to buy some grease and allen bolts - that'll be a step nearer to the Galaxy rebuild. But I've realised the old rear mech and the canti brakes are a bit shabby, so I need to replace them. That's the trouble, it was going to be a case of just bunging stuff on willy nilly, but I've begun to care too much about the look of it....

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I'm back home and I"M NOT HAPPY!!!!:rofl::biggrin:!

My stuff, including duvet, blankets, sheets, pillows and cooking stuff was supposed to have been delivered today so that I can use them tonight.

Nothing. Not a thing.

BASTARDS!!!!:rofl::smile:!:rofl:

They even told me on the phone yesterday that I would have it delivered today.

A very LARGE drink please!!!!

I'm now going to send a curt e-mail to them.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Curt e-mail now sent.

Phone call will follow tomorrow.

Have now blagged a sleeping bag, pillow and a blanket from my new flatmate.

I don't need this after travelling for 8 hours

wafflycat

Excellent!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Welcome home CM!

I came out today with a shopping list, how organised is that? Pipe cleaners, grease, and allen bolts: assorted.

First stop: Boyes (sort of cheapo department store). They had grease, but not sure if right sort. And pipe cleaners, but reckoned I could get cheaper elsewhere. No allen bolts. I want an assorted boxful, preferably with washers and nuts.

Barnitts, hardware store. No grease of the right sort, no allen bolts. Didn't look for pipecleaners.

The Market, for Dave's Cheap Tools stall. Not there today.

Halfords. Grease of right sort, but how much!? Confident Boyes grease will do now, and a third of the price. No allen bolts.

Backtrack to The Works, having missed it because I went to Barnitts. No pipecleaners, at any price. Now too dispirited to go back to Boyes, I gave up for the day.

Still, I bought my chicken this morning for a roast on Sunday, plus veg and gravy and remembered I had some stuffing mix!:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Gosh, component window shopping is wearisome, even online! There's just so much choice!

Still, Middleburn cable oilers come in gold, I think that might be a little extravagance that is called for.

I think I'll toddle off home now. Have a fun weekend all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom