Tea? (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Earl Grey dash of milk and 2 sugars please.

stevenb

Oh boy this cuppa is really going down well.
I was cold getting back from this mornings ride.....I should have gone out better wrapped up than I was...:biggrin:
Hope I don't get a cold....

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Could I possibly have a beer instead ? I mean the pubs been open 4hrs. Oh, and a custard cream to dunk in it.

bonj2

Lord of the Teapot said:
Milk before the tea.

NO! this is the worst travesty you can possibly commit when making a cup of tea.
If you put the milk in first, then when the boiling water hits the teabag, it instantly cools down due to the cold milk - you need the teabag to be in contact with BOILING water in order to extract the flavour!
Don't you know anything?!

mondobongo

Über Member
Bonj if you were making a mug of tea for one you would be right, however!

This is Lord of the Teapot who by name must make tea in a teapot and does not use teabags therefore milk first is the way to go :biggrin:

bonj2

How the hell are you supposed to make tea WITHOUT using teabags? Even if you're using a teapot you still have to use teabags, to make it tea-flavoured... duh :biggrin:
Is that not like making a cup of coffee without coffee?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Thank you, your Lordship of the Teapot. I have found a chocolate tea pot on E-bay. It is 1.25 inches tall. So now I would like to invite anyone who is only 12inches tall to tea at my house. I just need to be able to find some tea cups that are half inch tall......

(returns a few minutes later) Now found some, one of my teddy bears has four tea cups in his picnic basket, and a sugar bowl but no milk jug, and no saucers. Hang on what's this - a c*ff** pot. Oh No!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom