Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
So who is up for Jacob's Nations cup on Saturday 25 Feb. I would be interested (assuming I can get the day off football taxi duties!)

AAAC you have my sympathy with regards your wife's illness - we have had to deal with similar - so obviously appreciate if that rules you out on this occasion?

If AAAC can't make it I would be happy to head the organisation of the GB/Cyclechat team.

Hopefully without insulting anyone I think our strongest riders to pick a team of 5 would be :

@AAAC 76C
@Daddy Pig
Bridgy
@BILL S
@CXRAndy
@TurboTommy
@bobinski (if you could borrow a bkool pro!)
@RickB (if we can tempt you out of bkool retirement!)

So who of the above would be up for it in principle? If we get more than 5 say yes we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.....^_^

Happy with that Bridgy.
Not sure when we need to confirm our team but I didn't want to press anything this weekend but I try and pick a good time to get a leave pass.
We are going to London for a couple of days in the week after so I might have a shout.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
dont wait for meeeee.......:hello:
But i did :tongue:

"Set off like a banshee
Paced up the first climb
Bonked and sat up on the flat session
Tried in vain to catch Whortmiester on the doon hill"

Wow. I'll say. I tried to keep up but it was killing me. I got paged into work and was never so glad to get the call. I'm on call a week atva time and Monday was a holiday so I decided to try Tiede and on the second hill got called in and was really disappointed. I wanted to try to get in a 2 hour ride.

Whorty

No beer tonight for Whorty, great finish from Jim... hilarious!
There's me waiting for him, trying to draft him the last final couple of km, then he sprints past me on the last 10 yards ha ha :rofl::rofl:I was too busy watching the draft on the cartoon riders and I missed where the finish was :banghead::biggrin:

Whorty

Breedon:okay:
I enjoyed another one of our tussles once i got free of whorty-nice ride whorty.

i got held at the start for some reason. I had stopped pedaling a good minute beforehand so a little frustrating. the my hrm went down taking the neo with it:angry: its happened in zwift too. Seems to be bluetooth related. Then i knocked my keyboard off the shelf next to me causing bkool to come off the screen so i had to get off-and it was just after i caught you breedon, so you pulled away and were 2 mins ahead before i could get going. So an eventful ride! Topped off by some funny comments from DP about giving birth:laugh: perhaps NOT the encouragement i needed:tongue:
great but tough ride everyone:notworthy:
I didn't realise we were racing ... I thought you was trying to keep me company LOL Then I felt bad for Jim so I held off and tried to let him ctach up and you guys drifted way off in the distance.

Once my ghost from last night dropped me I was only in it for a pootle tonight - can't believe I posted such a strong ride last night ...must have been the 3 days rest I had!

Whorty

"Set off like a banshee
Paced up the first climb
Tried in vain to catch Whortmiester on the doon hill"

Wow. I'll say. I tried to keep up but it was killing me. I got paged into work and was never so glad to get the call. I'm on call a week atva time and Monday was a holiday so I decided to try Tiede and on the second hill got called in and was really disappointed. I wanted to try to get in a 2 hour ride.
I wondered where you had gone .... you and Jim looked like you might join up, then for vanished!

I wondered where you had gone .... you and Jim looked like you might join up, then for vanished!
Yeah no way I could keep up with your ghost. I knew I could make the hill at a steady pace but your ghost just powered up like a machine. Impressive.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
So who is up for Jacob's Nations cup on Saturday 25 Feb. I would be interested (assuming I can get the day off football taxi duties!)

AAAC you have my sympathy with regards your wife's illness - we have had to deal with similar - so obviously appreciate if that rules you out on this occasion?

If AAAC can't make it I would be happy to head the organisation of the GB/Cyclechat team.

Hopefully without insulting anyone I think our strongest riders to pick a team of 5 would be :

@AAAC 76C
@Daddy Pig
Bridgy
@BILL S
@CXRAndy
@TurboTommy

So who of the above would be up for it in principle? If we get more than 5 say yes we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.....^_^

I'm up for it principle although I'm not sure how much I have to offer really. I'd be happy to put in a shift for the stronger guys if that lends itself to the point system. I think I'll find the format very challenging and the temptation to change my screen name to 'bkool are a shower of s**t', just before the start might be overwhelming...

Whorty

Set off like a banshee
Paced up the first climb
Tried in vain to catch Whortmiester on the doon hill
Laboured up the last climb &
Repaid Whorty by stealing his last yard..
I thought you'd catch me on the down, or on the flat before the final climb and then we could ride together, but I could see you was struggling. Even when I dropped off the pace you seemed to be having a hard time. Glad I could finally help you up the last bit of the climb. :okay:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I thought you'd catch me on the down, or on the flat before the final climb and then we could ride together, but I could see you was struggling. Even when I dropped off the pace you seemed to be having a hard time. Glad I could finally help you up the last bit of the climb. :okay:

If you're doing the London CG stage anytime soon, perhaps I can help?

I got within 3 and half minutes of you in the winter league but last nights stage smashed me Whorty. I reckon your a good 18 minute ahead noo..

RickB

professional procrastinator

@AAAC 76C
@Daddy Pig
Bridgy
@BILL S
@CXRAndy
@TurboTommy

Thanks for the mention Paul. Not entirely sure what this is though. Saw it mentioned a while back but didn't really take it on board what was happening. I may be doing a duathlon on the 26th so not sure if I'll be available. Have to check my dates with a mate. I'm certainly not in the top 5 on Cycle chat though!!

Top Bottom