Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Whorty you are a true gentleman, thank you. I owe ya

DP - you're on my Christmas card list.. :mrpig:

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Breedon:okay:
I enjoyed another one of our tussles once i got free of whorty-nice ride whorty.

i got held at the start for some reason. I had stopped pedaling a good minute beforehand so a little frustrating. the my hrm went down taking the neo with it:angry: its happened in zwift too. Seems to be bluetooth related. Then i knocked my keyboard off the shelf next to me causing bkool to come off the screen so i had to get off-and it was just after i caught you breedon, so you pulled away and were 2 mins ahead before i could get going. So an eventful ride! Topped off by some funny comments from DP about giving birth:laugh: perhaps NOT the encouragement i needed:tongue:
great but tough ride everyone:notworthy:
There is a saying that fits in nicely... 'it hurts but I love it!'

bobinski

Legendary Member
So who is up for Jacob's Nations cup on Saturday 25 Feb. I would be interested (assuming I can get the day off football taxi duties!)

AAAC you have my sympathy with regards your wife's illness - we have had to deal with similar - so obviously appreciate if that rules you out on this occasion?

If AAAC can't make it I would be happy to head the organisation of the GB/Cyclechat team.

Hopefully without insulting anyone I think our strongest riders to pick a team of 5 would be :

@AAAC 76C
@Daddy Pig
Bridgy
@BILL S
@CXRAndy
@TurboTommy
@bobinski (if you could borrow a bkool pro!)
@RickB (if we can tempt you out of bkool retirement!)

So who of the above would be up for it in principle? If we get more than 5 say yes we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.....^_^

Gawd, I am nowhere near strong enough bridgy but ta for not ruling me out straight away^_^

Though looking at th results seems I didn't do too bad on the hill climbs despite being on the NEO^_^

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
Bridgy

Have you thought of the likes of Graham Ash and others who are topping leagues in duration/climbing etc. You should be able to check their power and weight

Breedon

Legendary Member
Breedon:okay:
I enjoyed another one of our tussles once i got free of whorty-nice ride whorty.

i got held at the start for some reason. I had stopped pedaling a good minute beforehand so a little frustrating. the my hrm went down taking the neo with it:angry: its happened in zwift too. Seems to be bluetooth related. Then i knocked my keyboard off the shelf next to me causing bkool to come off the screen so i had to get off-and it was just after i caught you breedon, so you pulled away and were 2 mins ahead before i could get going. So an eventful ride! Topped off by some funny comments from DP about giving birth:laugh: perhaps NOT the encouragement i needed:tongue:
great but tough ride everyone:notworthy:

Yes i really enjoyed that, we now have the same trainer so it was about power/weight i like it when i come along side hold for a while then drop back then come at you again hehe.

I must apologise Daddy Pig for my lack lustre performance so here's the excuses.
I have the onset of man flue
I had taken a beta blocker about 3 hours before did try and leave it till later but couldn't did you see my extremely low heart rate don't like taking it on a race night.
And im was on my new neo trainer so at a disadvantage but it's bloody great.
And thanks for SOME :tongue: words of encouragement
I'll redo that course on Friday and smash it on my classic as im still keeping it

BILL S

Guru
So who is up for Jacob's Nations cup on Saturday 25 Feb. I would be interested (assuming I can get the day off football taxi duties!)

AAAC you have my sympathy with regards your wife's illness - we have had to deal with similar - so obviously appreciate if that rules you out on this occasion?

If AAAC can't make it I would be happy to head the organisation of the GB/Cyclechat team.

Hopefully without insulting anyone I think our strongest riders to pick a team of 5 would be :

@AAAC 76C
@Daddy Pig
Bridgy
@BILL S
@CXRAndy
@TurboTommy
@bobinski (if you could borrow a bkool pro!)
@RickB (if we can tempt you out of bkool retirement!)

So who of the above would be up for it in principle? If we get more than 5 say yes we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.....^_^

I'd be happy to be on the team, but I am lacking the hill climbing ability of quite a few of Team Cyclechat. If the stages are anything like the WC stage I did today then I'll be in trouble.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
No beer tonight for Whorty, great finish from Jim... hilarious!

Here's hilarious.

In anticipation of that awful challenge, today I took off the 32 tooth block off my hybrid, stuck it on my road bike, realised I couldn't get away with the short cage gear, so had to take off the medium cage off the hybrid too. Then in the process, I managed to unravel one (1) tiny, sh1tty thread of wire on the gear cable, which as you will know, renders the whole thing useless. It was then that I drove 5 miles to Halfrauds to get another cable, drove back, did the necessary at the front end, the necessary at the back end, indexed the gears... bush bosh.... declared I wS joining the ride at 5 with new confidence.

Set off like a banshee
Paced up the first climb
Bonked and sat up on the flat session
Tried in vain to catch Whortmiester on the doon hill
Laboured up the last climb &
Repaid Whorty by stealing his last yard..

The moral to this tale is this.... stick to cycling on Sundays - Saturdays are for beer.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Yes i really enjoyed that, we now have the same trainer so it was about power/weight i like it when i come along side hold for a while then drop back then come at you again hehe.

I must apologise Daddy Pig for my lack lustre performance so here's the excuses.
I had taken a beta blocker about 3 hours before did try and leave it till later but couldn't did you see my extremely low heart rate don't like taking it on a race night.
I'll redo that course on Friday and smash it on my classic as im still keeping it

Breedon, it sure is a nice trainer and I think only really at a disadvantage on anything below 5%. We may have to encourage bill to restart the mountain goat league.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Bridgy

Have you thought of the likes of Graham Ash and others who are topping leagues in duration/climbing etc. You should be able to check their power and weight
I haven't Andy - for no other reason than I don't know them through this forum. I thought about it and thought if I was to be involved in helping organise I would stick to people I already had an ongoing dialogue and understanding with. I fully appreciate there will be others out there faster than us but it will be more fun doing it with people I know!

Daddy Pig

Veteran
I'd be happy to be on the team, but I am lacking the hill climbing ability of quite a few of Team Cyclechat. If the stages are anything like the WC stage I did today then I'll be in trouble.
That's my issue as well, hills leave me almost flatling at 180 bpm and being left behind. I'm just worried that I'll let the Great British end down...

bridgy

Legendary Member
Bill, we all have our strengths and weaknesses - and I'm sure the same will be the case in other teams. Also, it sounds like Jacob is planning a mix of terrains for the stages so something for everyone

Daddy Pig

Veteran

Those sound like poor excuses to me, haven't you heard about Bob's dodgy knee?

Top Bottom