Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I would also, but if no ne says otherwise, I think I'll go for the WC stage 6. Looks like a toughie.
I did WC6 on Thursday - not too bad a course. Too steep bits, each about 3k in length with gradients up to 12% (although mostly 7-9%). If you can get into a group to draft, should be good for a fast time. I chose ghost that were slower than me so didn't get the chance to draft that much.

I've just finished fettling in my shed,. Will reveal tomorrow ^_^
Book was no help. Had to Google.

Attachments

• IMG_20170121_065634.jpg
    IMG_20170121_065634.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 41

Whorty

I'm game for a go at it. Whoever sets it up, can you pop a broom wagon in for me please?

See you at 5. xx(
Oooo, tempting now to do this and ride with you @Jim Brown . I was planning to get my revenge on the e-mail you sent me this morning, plus a nice blast around the velo... hmmmm what do to? Are my legs strong enough today to re-do that ride with the climbs?? Yeah, i'll give it a go ... see you all at 5 :tongue:

Steve

Oooo, tempting now to do this and ride with you @Jim Brown . I was planning to get my revenge on the e-mail you sent me this morning, plus a nice blast around the velo... hmmmm what do to? Are my legs strong enough today to re-do that ride with the climbs?? Yeah, i'll give it a go ... see you all at 5 :tongue:
i wish i could have waited but had to go early, :respect: Whorty especially as you said you had room for improvement, i think i died on those hills, 6 minutes or so behind! good luck all!

Whorty

i wish i could have waited but had to go early, :respect: Whorty especially as you said you had room for improvement, i think i died on those hills, 6 minutes or so behind! good luck all!
I'm not built for the hills, but i do like to climb them :laugh: I find the hills 'easier' than the undulating rides. Hope I can stay with Jim early in the ride so I can help him up the bumps :bicycle:

Your 1:12 time looks pretty good.58th out of 210.

Whorty

Your 1:12 time looks pretty good.58th out of 210.
Not sure many of the faster guys have had a go yet though. I recon I can knock a couple of minutes off if I plan it right ... although legs feeling tired from last night so don't think I'll be doing a faster time today. Bit chilly here too, so muscles not warm. And been put on errands all day so not that prepared. Do I need any more excuses, or is that enough :whistle:

Whorty

It's WC stage 6. Ghosts are added. Better go and see if I can add @Whorty 's ghost too.
You can add up to 25 ghosts, plus the bots, so you could fill out the whole course with ghosts to chase/draft. I added 25 last night but completely misjudged how fast I would be. I thought i'd be in the 1hr 20min range so chose ghosts in that time bracket, and ended up coming in at 1hr 12mins :banghead:Didn't get the drafting benefit I was hoping for :sad:

CXRAndy

Guru
Andy, shouldn't you have posted this in gardeningchat? Or possibly lawnmowerchat?

Shed is my generic term for work place where the wife and kids don't interfere.. this being my kitchen table, too bloomin cold outside holding metal ^_^

Besides it's much nicer than a lawnmower or potted crocus :laugh:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member

Lord I was in pain yesterday.. all those Yorkshire puddings, Timmy Taylor's and rhubarb - my heart rate went above 170 :eek:.. I didn't even warm doon, nearly barfed... ! 34 years of smoking doesn't just go away does it..

Be gentle with me lads

Top Bottom