Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
So who's up for doing the WC stage 6 tonight a 5pm instead of the usual CG re-run?
i would but quite happily do the CG rerun if there wasn’t enough interest.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Well I'm now back on the bike in bkool :bravo:. Good news is I have retained some of my fitness from before Christmad :wahhey:. Bad news I am nowhere near where I was at the end of November :cry:.

Good news, my brother is now one of the loons involved in bkool and indoor turbo training :blink:. Bad news, he is seriously unfit :surrender:. The string of words sent to me by text, last night, after his session, is unpublishable in polite company :laugh:.

Good to see you back TB :thumbsup: so when do you think your brother will join us for a chaingang session ^_^.

Marino.g

Veteran
Well I'm now back on the bike in bkool :bravo:. Good news is I have retained some of my fitness from before Christmad :wahhey:. Bad news I am nowhere near where I was at the end of November :cry:.

Good news, my brother is now one of the loons involved in bkool and indoor turbo training :blink:. Bad news, he is seriously unfit :surrender:. The string of words sent to me by text, last night, after his session, is unpublishable in polite company :laugh:.
Good I'm looking for someone to draft behind :laugh: your brother will do nicely.

RickB

professional procrastinator
@RickB who pops in here every now and again uses a pro in Zwift for resistance but a PM for accurate power and might be worth messaging him.
Thanks for the suggestion @bobinski in the BSIM has anyone experienced a kind of settling in period or does it behave well for everyone?
Havent noticed my Bkool ever fluctuating in power the way you describe so it does sound like there's an issue. I use a 4iiii power meter with Zwift and the Bkool just gets used to change the resistance. Works well and it takes out any grey areas such as tyre pressure etc. Power is power regardless of other factors! :thumbsup:

@bobinski I get to pick up my new toy in a bit ^_^ will need to borrow my mum's ipad this weekend or today to try it out on apple (shudder)
@kipster I've got a email from Road grand tours
Welcome to the Road Grand Tours alpha test!

Your account has just been activated.
You can now login at www.roadgrandtours.com and download the Windows and Mac versions.
Let us know if you run into any problems and please don't be shy with the comments or suggestions.

Get in ^_^
Got an email from them today too. Have you tried it yet Breedon? Worth the effort?

kipster

Guru
@bobinski I get to pick up my new toy in a bit ^_^ will need to borrow my mum's ipad this weekend or today to try it out on apple (shudder)
@kipster I've got a email from Road grand tours
Welcome to the Road Grand Tours alpha test!

Your account has just been activated.
You can now login at www.roadgrandtours.com and download the Windows and Mac versions.
Let us know if you run into any problems and please don't be shy with the comments or suggestions.

Get in ^_^
I've not had one yet :sad: let us know if it is any good.

kipster

Guru
I've not had one yet :sad: let us know if it is any good.
It helps if you check the spam folder!

Just installed it and gave it a try, only two routes at the moment, but the graphics are good (similar to zwift), the ride experience on the kickr snap was excellent. It is worth a try.

image.jpg

Breedon

Legendary Member
Havent noticed my Bkool ever fluctuating in power the way you describe so it does sound like there's an issue. I use a 4iiii power meter with Zwift and the Bkool just gets used to change the resistance. Works well and it takes out any grey areas such as tyre pressure etc. Power is power regardless of other factors! :thumbsup:

Got an email from them today too. Have you tried it yet Breedon? Worth the effort?
Haven't tried it yet but only popped it on for a quick look, 3d looks amazing though, going to try it out tomorrow for a more in depth look

CXRAndy

Guru
Road grand tours, sounds interesting. Looks like that they will need to do a great job to steal members from Bkool and zwift. Decent routes, graphics, stable server, UI and cross trainer compatibility will be fundemental

Last edited:
Top Bottom