Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
was trawling through eb*y in search of a Neo so i could join in the fun through winter but the "Jack and the magic beans " part of me took over ! so hopefully now i can join in the fun on IOW -- plenty of time to save for neo :rolleyes: missus will be pleased theres a new baby in the house :sad: View attachment 358174

Love that frame! Well done mate. Looks in good nick too Berty.

You get away with murder mate! Is that bike number 7?! Do you sneak them through the back garden when the missus is out? ^_^

berty bassett

Legendary Member
That is very nice and no doubt very fast!
i am afraid it might be a case of a mini metro engine in a ferrari -but it sounds like the only chance i've got of not being left in a cloud of whiskers !

AAAC 76C

Large Member
was trawling through eb*y in search of a Neo so i could join in the fun through winter but the "Jack and the magic beans " part of me took over ! so hopefully now i can join in the fun on IOW -- plenty of time to save for neo :rolleyes: missus will be pleased theres a new baby in the house :sad: View attachment 358174

With all that dosh you could have at least bought matching door furniture for "Grampy's Shed".

Nice to see you have added the old emergency "I come back so drunk I couldn't walk hatch".

Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
With all that dosh you could have at least bought matching door furniture for "Grampy's Shed".

Nice to see you have added the old emergency "I come back so drunk I couldn't walk hatch".
one of the dogs sometimes has a monk on and goes and sleeps in the shed out the way ! i think she likes playing the role of angry guard dog even though she only about 18" tall and 10 yrs old !

kipster

Guru
I don't know how you lit ride on the turbo in this heat. I rode outside tonight and was melting in the slight breeze. My house seems a few degrees warmer. Mad lot you are.

P.s. Nice looking bike Berty, I prefer a bit more campagnolo, but the wheels are a good start ;)

bobinski

Legendary Member
Ha Bertty!
Every time I go to Cadence in Crystal Palace to meet mates for a ride the first thing I see is that bike hanging on the main window by the entrance. It's a Giant store and that bike amongst all the other bikes they have takes pride of place. Sandro, bike fitter at Cadence, rides one and says it comes to life over 20mph getting faster and faster and then when you hit 25 its just BOOM! The two of you are going to have a lot of fun!

Last edited:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Ha Betty!
Every time I go to Cadence in Crystal Palace to meet mates for a ride the first thing I see is that bike hanging on the main window by the entrance. It's a Giant store and that bike amongst all the other bikes they have takes pride of place. Sandro, bike fitter at Cadence, rides one and says it comes to life over 20mph getting faster and faster and then when you hit 25 its just BOOM! The two of you are going to have a lot of fun!

No bottle cages though, must have run out of dosh.
Or are are the bottles integrated into the tubes with an electronically extending drinking tube that is operated from your on bike computer that has sensors that detect your perspiration and work rate and calculates when you should drink?
Who knows next they will be fitting electric motors to save you pedalling!
Perhaps it already has one hence the 'BOOM!' at 25mph

bridgy

Legendary Member
feking hard feking hot feking heavy and i only just pipped jacobs ghost by a second
i didnt wear an hrm as i was expecting high readings cos the heat and i didnt want to scare me.
i put it on 30 second plus after and i was at 168 so good job i didnt wear it

ive got a feeling jacob will do that again and smash me

now i feel like an axe-man so i need to lay down
I'll be having another go at that stage after my abandoned attempt the other day AAAC. Just checked Strava and my speed over the first 15kms - which was when I hit the wall - was faster than Jacob's so I was going as well as I thought! Whether I can keep that up for the second half is another matter though - obviously I couldn't at all on Monday, but it's worth another try when it's a bit cooler!

Looking at the analysis of my ride on Monday you can see the power and speed drop right down at 15kms when I started to feel bad, but despite this my HR doesn't really drop at all for the next 10 minutes until I gave up :headshake: :surrender:

Top Bottom