Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
lost it within a few minutes the turbo resistance seam higher than normal but may be cos I haven't been on it much recently so just seam that way
while its summer trying to get more outside miles in
is the bkool sim firmware still 3.31

Eyup Rob. Aye, still 3.31. The CG5 has a lot of simulated pave and it makes the flat sections brutal on the legs.. I was drafting Whorty for large sections, however, unless it was in minus numbers, it didn't help at all.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
lost it within a few minutes the turbo resistance seam higher than normal but may be cos I haven't been on it much recently so just seam that way
while its summer trying to get more outside miles in
is the bkool sim firmware still 3.31
Not seen an update come through in ages.Mine is still v3.31

I've started to make sure the SIM and turbo reset before each ride. I always turn off the turbo after use. And before I connect the SIM I take the USB ANT+ out, slot it back in then manually connect it. When I was switching between Zwift and BKool I was getting strange things happen and this seemed to stop all the silliness.

Jim and I didn't bomb off, but we did push on for the first 10k or so. We had 2 interlopers and I for one wanted to make sure they didn't come past us. Once they bailed we dropped the watts a little.

Whorty

Eyup Rob. Aye, still 3.31. The CG5 has a lot of simulated pave and it makes the flat sections brutal on the legs.. I was drafting Whorty for large sections, however, unless it was in minus numbers, it didn't help at all.
Was it pave? I assumed it was gravel. Either way, I agree it sapped the legs. Road sections was much easier to keep the speed up.

Whorty

Ey up @Jim Brown , could have sworn I won the sprint finish :ninja: But BKool thinks otherwise :cry:

upload_2017-6-27_21-17-9.png

Steve

I was watching and you seemed to be having problems so wasn't surprised when you bailed. Didn't see the start though so not sure at what point you lost our wheel. Didn't know that Steve had already done the ride either and was 3.5 mins faster than us :eek: Thankfully I have 4 mins on him in the league so I've stayed ahead of him. Still, I may have to have another go at CG5 using Steve's ghost to try and gain a few more seconds just in case he manages to nail CG4 :popcorn:
Well i tried, trust me i triedxx( but for whatever reason i just couldn't improve (not much anyway) i found CG5 to be 'fairly' easy small rear ring the whole way but CG4 i was having to drop to the middle rear ring for the minus 0.9's ! go figure, all good fun and i guess i have to take the rough with the smooth, well done Whorty :notworthy:

Whorty

Well i tried, trust me i triedxx( but for whatever reason i just couldn't improve (not much anyway) i found CG5 to be 'fairly' easy small rear ring the whole way but CG4 i was having to drop to the middle rear ring for the minus 0.9's ! go figure, all good fun and i guess i have to take the rough with the smooth, well done Whorty :notworthy:
I find it amazing the watts you push out, and the watts per kilo figures, yet your speed does not reflect that. You should be way up the leader board with those numbers. A quirk of bkool!

It's a hollow victory for me. You beat me on 4 of the 5 rides. Only CG4 helped me (hindered you). It's pretty clear I still have a lot of work to do to reach your level :notworthy:

CXRAndy

Guru
I find it amazing the watts you push out, and the watts per kilo figures, yet your speed does not reflect that. You should be way up the leader board with those numbers. A quirk of bkool!

It's a hollow victory for me. You beat me on 4 of the 5 rides. Only CG4 helped me (hindered you). It's pretty clear I still have a lot of work to do to reach your level :notworthy:
Carl,
It's the usual Bkool disadvantage for non Bkool trainer's. Steve would be battling it out with Aaac and bridgy with those figures.

Steve

Carl,
It's the usual Bkool disadvantage for non Bkool trainer's. Steve would be battling it out with Aaac and bridgy with those figures.

you never know Gentlemen, CG4 could represent my 'true' ability and the other stages flatter me, i guess when i get back to the UK mid-August and my bkool trainer we'll compete again on a level playing field and find out! Bring on July CG in the meantime :boxing:;)

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Carl,

you never know Gentlemen, CG4 could represent my 'true' ability and the other stages flatter me, i guess when i get back to the UK mid-August and my bkool trainer we'll compete again on a level playing field and find out! Bring on July CG in the meantime :boxing:;)

What Steve suggests may be correct. CG4 was much closer to my actual performance in the RW... I was dying a slow death delivering an average of 21 mph on a flattish course, that would be the same in RW for me.

Whorty

What Steve suggests may be correct. CG4 was much closer to my actual performance in the RW... I was dying a slow death delivering an average of 21 mph on a flattish course, that would be the same in RW for me.
I'm certainly being flattered at the moment since I've pumped the tyres up to 100 PSI. This is helping me to hold speed much better than when they were at lower psi numbers. That probably makes sense, but I do wonder if the turbos over compensate - saying that though, we all do the same so still a level playing field I guess.

So long as we compete with someone, and improve, I don't think it makes that much difference where we come in the leagues. have fun and get fit, that's what counts at the end of the day :tongue:

BILL S

Guru
So long as we compete with someone, and improve, I don't think it makes that much difference where we come in the leagues. have fun and get fit, that's what counts at the end of the day :tongue:

Couldn't agree more Whorty. I plan to make my comeback soon and you will be my new target :hugs::boxing:
As I'll be trying to start at a sane speed I quite possibly won't be able to stay with you, but if all goes well I hope to be close to your pace soon. Looks to be a lot of interesting racing behind the front guys at the moment so looking forward to getting back into the mix.

Whorty

Couldn't agree more Whorty. I plan to make my comeback soon and you will be my new target :hugs::boxing:
As I'll be trying to start at a sane speed I quite possibly won't be able to stay with you, but if all goes well I hope to be close to your pace soon. Looks to be a lot of interesting racing behind the front guys at the moment so looking forward to getting back into the mix.
There is some great racing at the moment, so many of us around the same pace it makes each race interesting. Certainly keeping me off the mountain rides as I'm focusing on speed and spinning .... don't want @Jim Brown getting the upper hand :gun: Of course, the downside is when Geoff (@gbrown) starts up the handicap races ..... I'll be chasing rather than being chased!!

Welcome back @BILL S We've missed you :thumbsup:

Top Bottom