Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I've never really had this issue before. Maybe it' just that I never really saw it as I was probably pushing 370 plus at the top of most climbs and winding up rather than just hanging in there!
I get the same and I think Whorty's pretty much summed it up. If you're going the same speed, but the uphill gradient has reduced it will assume less watts. I don't think it will really slow you down or anything because the watts come from the speed not the other way round. The opposite of this effect is when it shows you doing pretty high watts on descents while you freewheel as long as your wheel is spinning

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
They've been around for a while and have proved very useful. IIRC the Sky deathstar coach was filmed doing a close pass on a cyclist and the footage was sent on to them, after being sold to various news outlets first probably. There is a website with many incidents being shown https://cycliq.com/videos/. Bloody expensive for only a 720 camera though.

Edit.

Found the sky video

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
They've been around for a while and have proved very useful. IIRC the Sky deathstar coach was filmed doing a close pass on a cyclist and the footage was sent on to them, after being sold to various news outlets first probably. There is a website with many incidents being shown https://cycliq.com/videos/. Bloody expensive for only a 720 camera though.
Weren't Aldi (or Lidl?!) selling knock-offs of these recently at a much lower price?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Exactly the problem I had setting up the rides. Could only get the three C.G. ghosts on that route for some reason.
Which browser do you use? I use Chrome but can't see ghosts to set up for races - the left hand panel to set the ghost attributes doesn't work. Hence, for setting up rides I have to use IE, I then see all ghosts and attributes.

Beaney

Hi, Glen requesting to join the changing.
Hi,
I managed to do the first ride and was going to do the next one today (sunday) but when I go to leagues it says I'm not in any. So I have sent a request to join the league again if that's ok.

BILL S

Guru
Which browser do you use? I use Chrome but can't see ghosts to set up for races - the left hand panel to set the ghost attributes doesn't work. Hence, for setting up rides I have to use IE, I then see all ghosts and attributes.
I always use IE and this ride was an exception.

Rod McG

Über Member

I'll try using IE next time and hopefully see your ghost. I am sure I wouldn't have kept up with you on Liga stage 3. Good ride, even with a re-run I cant see how I would knock off 10 mins - well done!

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Afternoon Mr @Daddy Pig - Yes, very cold with snow on the hills. I was planning on going out today but became very comfortable, watching rugby (league) and reading your scribbling.. if it’s dry, with no threat of ice I’ll venture out when I can - just lots of layers. Other than that - Bkool.

According to my Garmin I’ve completed around 1700 RW miles this year and therefore, approximately 2900 Bkool miles - I should comfortably complete 5000 miles this year which I’m pleased with. 6 Sportive’s and my first century ride inclusive.

:highfive:

Not so long ago I used to sit in the top few all the time for UK Veteran BKool Miles
But now:
1. I am a lowly 83rd UK overall and I don't even get a position worldwide
2. Veteran 2 wise I am 21st in the UK and 161st worldwide.
It's not all because more people are doing more miles but because I am doing less as I race more live sessions now and have nothing left for multiple sessions every other day.

It just goes to show that there are loads of guys out there BKooling in the UK so it's a shame we can't attract a few more into the club.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Not so long ago I used to sit in the top few all the time for UK Veteran BKool Miles
But now:
1. I am a lowly 83rd UK overall and I don't even get a position worldwide
2. Veteran 2 wise I am 21st in the UK and 161st worldwide.
It's not all because more people are doing more miles but because I am doing less as I race more live sessions now and have nothing left for multiple sessions every other day.

It just goes to show that there are loads of guys out there BKooling in the UK so it's a shame we can't attract a few more into the club.

What I was going to suggest is that everyone goes into the rankings page for the UK and their age group and 'friend' the 5 people above and below them and try and get them to join us.
A kind of recruiting campaign.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
What I was going to suggest is that everyone goes into the rankings page for the UK and their age group and 'friend' the 5 people above and below them and try and get them to join us.
A kind of recruiting campaign.
Not everyone in the rankings still rides Bkool - my Zwift rides (and @Breedon 's) show up in the rankings as we have Strava linked to Bkool. Breedon often shows up as highest climber of the week/month due to all the climbing he's doing in Zwift. But your plan is still a good one so worth a pop :okay:

Top Bottom