Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
They've been around for a while and have proved very useful. IIRC the Sky deathstar coach was filmed doing a close pass on a cyclist and the footage was sent on to them, after being sold to various news outlets first probably. There is a website with many incidents being shown https://cycliq.com/videos/. Bloody expensive for only a 720 camera though.

Edit.

Found the sky video

Note the 'nearly' in the title.
There are so many 'nearly' rants on the infernalnet which later turn into confrontation.
If the guy missed you and really wasn't intending to hit you then let it go or give them as cheesy grin like Whorty does.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
I get the same and I think Whorty's pretty much summed it up. If you're going the same speed, but the uphill gradient has reduced it will assume less watts. I don't think it will really slow you down or anything because the watts come from the speed not the other way round. The opposite of this effect is when it shows you doing pretty high watts on descents while you freewheel as long as your wheel is spinning
I have a cadence device so it knows thatvim not spinning and hence no watts.
Must try switching it off and see what that does!

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Not everyone in the rankings still rides Bkool - my Zwift rides (and @Breedon 's) show up in the rankings as we have Strava linked to Bkool. Breedon often shows up as highest climber of the week/month due to all the climbing he's doing in Zwift. But your plan is still a good one so worth a pop :okay:
I'm sure you can select indoor only in the rankings...

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
You've not been drinking enough vin rouge then tonight :tongue:

Rod McG

Über Member
Does anyone know the logic behind the bots? Yesterday I added 5 bots to Col du Lautaret: 2 Diesels, 2 Hills and a Lapdog. I am currently Active 5, and the bots were meant to be Active 6, although I saw that two were actually Pro 3. The route was hard work and I didn't even make Active 5 so I should have been left behind by all the bots, but they were even slower. Why??

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Does anyone know the logic behind the bots? Yesterday I added 5 bots to Col du Lautaret: 2 Diesels, 2 Hills and a Lapdog. I am currently Active 5, and the bots were meant to be Active 6, although I saw that two were actually Pro 3. The route was hard work and I didn't even make Active 5 so I should have been left behind by all the bots, but they were even slower. Why??

I think it’s a combination of ability and personality. Some bots will stick with you even if they are fitter than you (lapdog) where some will try and drop you if they can. Maybe some of them were just having a bad day :smile:

Top Bottom