Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Years are a measure of time and not age.
Jim and I may be plentiful in years but that does not make us old!
Most of the folk in my office are older than me but I have at least 10 years more life experience than most of them.
71UUWR4ST4L._UX569_.jpg

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Most of the folk in my office are older than me but I have at least 10 years more life experience than most of them.

I concur

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Go into rankings as usual.
At the bottom of each category you will see a 'see more' link.
Tap on that it will give you a comprehensive list for that category e.g. Distance.
In the filters there will now be 5 options, one of which is indoor.
Got it :okay: Seems it doesn't count all the miles i did in Zwift as 'indoor', only Bkool rides. Hey ho ^_^

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Jim is only a year older than me ... so he must be a youngster :biggrin:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member

Yes, but, I am a northerner and now living in Scotland - The further north I go, the older I become.

50 southern years is equivalent to 60 Northern years. Add to that my love of alcohol, the fact I smoked for 30 years and that I’ve plied my trade outdoors for the past 35 years.....

...well, in real terms I should be foooking did... :angel:

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Yes, but, I am a northerner and now living in Scotland - The further north I go, the older I become.

50 southern years is equivalent to 60 Northern years. Add to that my love of alcohol, the fact I smoked for 30 years and that I’ve plied my trade outdoors for the past 35 years.....

40 in the southwest is about 90 in Glasgow...

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
40 in the southwest is about 90 in Glasgow...

I recently visited the doctor about a niggle. During the consultation she asked me a number of questions as it was my first visit since being in Scotland, and a first visit to the practice. Usual stuff - allergies, family history, medication? She then went on to ask me if I smoked and how much I drank. I told her I had stopped smoking and informed her I drank every night and usually around 4 pints.

She congratulated me for stopping smoking and wrote out a prescription for more alcohol... :cheers:

AAAC 76C

Large Member

Smoked my first cigarette when I was 9 and my last when I was 44.
Never looked back once.

Didn't start pickling myself until I was 17, never looked back since.

AAAC 76C

Large Member

We must be the same age then!

Both Project Managers, milk tooth buddies and we almost live next door to each other.
We could be identical twins almost.

Last edited:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I recently visited the doctor about a niggle. During the consultation she asked me a number of questions as it was my first visit since being in Scotland, and a first visit to the practice. Usual stuff - allergies, family history, medication? She then went on to ask me if I smoked and how much I drank. I told her I had stopped smoking and informed her I drank every night and usually around 4 pints.

She congratulated me for stopping smoking and wrote out a prescription for more alcohol... :cheers:

You are loocky!

Every time go t' doctors it ends up in an internal.

I've stopped going and just put up with everything.
I might go find myself a female GP and try again.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Well done bkool. Maintenance of the website has broken the plans parts of the system. My rolling weight loss plan is gone and I can't get a new one to register on bsim :banghead:
That's not all... using MS Edge it now scrolls past your programmed session rides down to favourites and I can't get back to see my chosen rides!
I had to select it as a favourite and then managed to ride. Then bsim screwed up the ghosts... it looked like one went straight over his handlebars at the start!
:cursing:

Anyway, cg3 is mainly downhill (thanks @BILL S ) apart from the last 5.6km which is at 1.9% all the way... and the final -50% for 120m just increased my resistance to go a whopping 25kph!:cursing:
A good course for @AAAC 76C....

peterob

Veteran
Sorry Berty but now that you've posted here again I just couldn't delete you from the CG. It's only people we've practically forgotten about that'll be going. Of course all are welcome to rejoin again any time.

It looks like I've been deleted in the Autumn cleanup :cry:. Is it okay if i can join again? Now that the nights have drawn in I should be active on Bkool until springtime.

(I've sent a request via the Bkool website).

Marino.g

Veteran
Not tried it, but tempted to see if i can last 6 minutes :ninja:

Sounds like my ftp is out of date could this be the issue with Zwift as well?
Reply below

Thanks for your message. Please make sure your weight and fitness level is updated.

You can schedule a FTP test entering Bkool.com > Sessions > Workouts, on the left bottom part you will find the "Generate FTP test" button. Push it and you will have it ready to be taken at the Bkool simulator.

You can also set up a FTP test directly from the Bkool simulator, just click on Search>>Create FTP test (5 or 20 min).

Work zones can be modified while editing your FTP test. However, your current sport level (Amateur 5, Active 3, etc) won't change unless you take a new FTP test.

See you at Bkool,

Bkool Team.

BKOOL Connect | Sport

Marino.g

Veteran
Automatically updating your FTP lets us calculate your fitness level and workout zones so you don’t have to worry about anything.
Mine is set to auto and I have done rides over 30 mins so should it expire?
  • On: your fitness level and FTP value will be calculated again the next time you do an FTP test or a session lasting more than 30 minutes in which you exceed your current FTP. Your new FTP value expires in two months.
  • Off: your fitness level will never be updated and your FTP will only change if you do an FTP test or if you manually change its value. Your FTP value will never expire.
Auto FTP update

Top Bottom