Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
Not exactly a walk in the park @Del C
Don't know about you but my legs were still hurting from Thursday.

That was good for me.

I've done CG5 and Liga Multiplayer 4 the last 2 days and both were tough. Today was harder than I thought it might be, but a good workout.

Had to work hard today. Couldn't quite stay with you. You were hanging about 40s ahead of me for ages. Closed it to just under 30s a couple of times, but lost another minute over the last few kms.

Still, I feel like things are improving for me and it helped that you were just out ahead of me today.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
You were over 60mph at one point. :eek:

i was hairo

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
An android with ANT+, cool.
You might have more success with BT unless your using that for something else.
Most modern android tablets from the last couple of years have Ant+ built in. The question is wether Bkool uses a unique variation of it that requires that USB dongle.

Anyway, solved my issue hopefully with signal loss by getting an extension cable so the dongle can sit by the head unit.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well that was a thoroughly enjoyable early Christmas present. Lasted 2 hours :wahhey: although we did get a 15 minute break half way through which was needed by then. HID didn't stop laughing through most of it :eek:

Definitely recommend you try this too.

Rich Hall is definitely always a good night in concert :laugh:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I'm been doing some math, because that's the sort of dumb thing I do when I'm not drinking.
I weigh 76 kg and when I'm sat on my turbo 30 kg is supported by the front wheel leaving 36 kg on the back.
36 kg is 80lb give or take. The footprint of my back the is therefore 80/150 sq in or .53 sq in which is 3.4 sq cm.
I therefore reckon that the elliptical footprint is roughly 16 mm wide by 27 mm long.
Put that on a roller that is 5cm in diameter hence a circumference of 15.71 cm then the footprint subtends an angle of 61 degrees therefore the depth of the dent in my tyre is about 4mm so not too bad.
Decrease your tyre pressure and or increase your weight and the dent gets deeper and this dent plays a great part in the resistance to rotating your wheel as you are literally trying to drive your tyre through the turbo roller.
I therefore believe a great part of my new found descending speed is my new 23mm tyre which can be inflated to 150 PSI or perhaps more.

Last edited:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Well that was a thoroughly enjoyable early Christmas present. Lasted 2 hours :wahhey: although we did get a 15 minute break half way through which was needed by then. HID didn't stop laughing through most of it :eek:

Definitely recommend you try this too.

Rich Hall is definitely always a good night in concert :laugh:

I thought he had passed on?

Fame, I wanna live forever....

Oops, wrong Fame!

Last edited:

keithaitch

Veteran
I'm been doing some math, because that's the sort of dumb thing I do when I'm not drinking.
I weigh 76 kg and when I'm sat on my turbo 30 kg is supported by the front wheel leaving 36 kg on the back.
36 kg is 80lb give or take. The footprint of my back the is therefore 80/150 sq in or .53 sq in which is 3.4 sq cm.
I therefore reckon that the elliptical footprint is roughly 16 mm wide by 27 mm long.
Put that on a roller that is 5cm in diameter hence a circumference of 15.71 cm then the footprint subtends an angle of 61 degrees therefore the depth of the dent in my tyre is about 4mm so not too bad.
Decrease your tyre pressure and or increase your weight and the dent gets deeper and this dent plays a great part in the resistance to rotating your wheel as you are literally trying to drive your tyre through the turbo roller.
I therefore believe a great part of my new found descending speed is my new 23mm tyre which can be inflated to 150 PSI or perhaps more.
hi, What tyre are you using? My Vittoria zaffiro goes up to 140 psi and is wearing ok, but I'd like something that didn't spray the white wall on my office red! (no dinghy garage for me...the downstairs neighbours love me!) What tyres are people using had in addition to the max psi, which ones don't shred?

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Erm... like :wacko:

Top Bottom