Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
hi, What tyre are you using? My Vittoria zaffiro goes up to 140 psi and is wearing ok, but I'd like something that didn't spray the white wall on my office red! (no dinghy garage for me...the downstairs neighbours love me!) What tyres are people using had in addition to the max psi, which ones don't shred?
I've just swapped my Vittoria Zaffiro back to an old Conti 4 seasons which I was using previously.

Seems to be running quicker on the turbo.

I don't get a spray of red rubber on my garage floor........... I just get black rubber instead!

AAAC 76C

Large Member
hi, What tyre are you using? My Vittoria zaffiro goes up to 140 psi and is wearing ok, but I'd like something that didn't spray the white wall on my office red! (no dinghy garage for me...the downstairs neighbours love me!) What tyres are people using had in addition to the max psi, which ones don't shred?

Challenge Open Criterium.
Has a white tread as well.

1512296251206877953341.jpg

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I find this tyre loses alot of rubber and at high pressure slips when going up anything steep. Downhill is great though!

Can't say I have any problems with tyre slip ever with any tyre.
I always sit climbing, hands close to the stem and weight moved toward the back of the saddle.
My forks are mounted on a roller front wheel stand which in turn is bolted to two old car roof bars to create a 'sledge'. The sledge is anchored to the turbo with a quick release strap.
The latter removed any tendency for the bike to rock forward which would result in a reduced grip on the rear wheel.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Can't say I have any problems with tyre slip ever with any tyre.
I always sit climbing, hands close to the stem and weight moved toward the back of the saddle.
My forks are mounted on a roller front wheel stand which in turn is bolted to two old car roof bars to create a 'sledge'. The sledge is anchored to the turbo with a quick release strap.
The latter removed any tendency for the bike to rock forward which would result in a reduced grip on the rear wheel.

Can we have Photos please? Help me visualise your sledge.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Can we have Photos please? Help me visualise your sledge.

Here is the 'sledge'
IMG_20171203_203722715.jpg

Top Bottom