Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I know I don't have the peak power so I went for a long one but failed.

Did you attack us on that hill?
Not intentionally! I was afraid you would go quicker than me so I stood up to make sure I would be ok and I think Bill dropped back and you kindly waited for him! I had 20 seconds but although I didn't really back off I never thought I would stay away so I just let us group back together naturally. I thought it wouldn't hurt to make you both work a bit :okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'll get those ghosts added and will be kicking off at 5pm.
that was hard, even with the helpful ghosts. Lost everyone at the start - someone joined right at the countdown and i couldn't see the counter hit zero, everyone had gone before I started :sad:

My aim though was always to try and stay with @keithaitch who I know tracked @AAAC 76C 's old ghost, which I knew caught and dropped Brusgaard on Thursday. Plan worked, right up to the point we caught Brusgaard at the 17km marker when my legs went 'pop' :surrender: I was planning then to just spin to the end, then I realised @bridgy's Thursday pootle ghost was about 30 seconds behind me, so I tried to get my breath back and when he caught me I thought I'd hang on as long as I could .... in the end this happened to be all the way to the end ... but boy did that hurt?!?!?! :sweat:

No idea who won the actual race though :crazy:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Not intentionally! I was afraid you would go quicker than me so I stood up to make sure I would be ok and I think Bill dropped back and you kindly waited for him! I had 20 seconds but although I didn't really back off I never thought I would stay away so I just let us group back together naturally. I thought it wouldn't hurt to make you both work a bit :okay:

I'll paste our power graphs together later.
I was mashing it once Bill locked on and I wanted a rest when we regrouped.

BILL S

Guru
Cos you’re a machine
He certainly is!
Thanks for always coming back to get me AAAC.
I started out feeling good but struggled as the race progressed. I got my track pump fixed so started with 150 psi in my tyre. I suspected a slow puncture as my tyre was flat earlier today. Anyway, at the end of the ride I checked the pressure and it was only 90 psi.

Whorty

The thing is an asthma inhaler will only help those with asthma. I bet a lot of people have it and don't even realize. Pro athletes have a lot more medical checks than most of us mere mortals!
It took me 37 years and a cold winter bike ride on Dartmoor hills with the wrong gears , a trip to A&E after not really breathing much for 12 hours post ride to be told I had a problem!
Same with me DP, but for me 47 years (the DD in May). There was a recent study of footballers across the English leagues and they estimated about 28% of them have asthma induced by sport (linky )

Feels to me like sport needs to understand asthma more else we will be restricting those with the illness from ever being able to compete.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
that was hard, even with the helpful ghosts. Lost everyone at the start - someone joined right at the countdown and i couldn't see the counter hit zero, everyone had gone before I started :sad:

My aim though was always to try and stay with @keithaitch who I know tracked @AAAC 76C 's old ghost, which I knew caught and dropped Brusgaard on Thursday. Plan worked, right up to the point we caught Brusgaard at the 17km marker when my legs went 'pop' :surrender: I was planning then to just spin to the end, then I realised @bridgy's Thursday pootle ghost was about 30 seconds behind me, so I tried to get my breath back and when he caught me I thought I'd hang on as long as I could .... in the end this happened to be all the way to the end ... but boy did that hurt?!?!?! :sweat:

No idea who won the actual race though :crazy:

That was a tough old slog.
We normally fly on courses that flat but it felt like the brakes were on all the time.

Whorty

I often found myself needing to drop a gear on the flat even when drafting you guys. Normally I'd be in top the whole way.
Same here .... I wonder if Bkool are tweaking their software ready for the air trainer, and their new bike?

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
The thing is an asthma inhaler will only help those with asthma. I bet a lot of people have it and don't even realize. Pro athletes have a lot more medical checks than most of us mere mortals!
It took me 37 years and a cold winter bike ride on Dartmoor hills with the wrong gears , a trip to A&E after not really breathing much for 12 hours post ride to be told I had a problem!

Yeah from the little reading I’ve done it seems debatable it makes any unfair difference in performance. Which seems reflected in the band dishes out compared to other banned substances. Also to put my comment into context, I was in fact a proud member of a chess club as a kid, and I don’t remember there being a constant puff of inhalers in the background!

AAAC 76C

Large Member
He certainly is!
Thanks for always coming back to get me AAAC.
I started out feeling good but struggled as the race progressed. I got my track pump fixed so started with 150 psi in my tyre. I suspected a slow puncture as my tyre was flat earlier today. Anyway, at the end of the ride I checked the pressure and it was only 90 psi.

That would make a huge difference.
I was wondering if I was going to keep up with the pace you started with.

Top Bottom