Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Same here .... I wonder if Bkool are tweaking their software ready for the air trainer, and their new bike?
If they are then they still have a long way to go - the power figures on bkool are still a fair bit higher than Zwift, and they are also over - stated. The new bkool trainer has a power meter apparently so any user of that is currently going to get quite a shock if they try and compete against people on bkool pros

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Yeah from the little reading I’ve done it seems debatable it makes any unfair difference in performance. Which seems reflected in the band dishes out compared to other banned substances. Also to put my comment into context, I was in fact a proud member of a chess club as a kid, and I don’t remember there being a constant puff of inhalers in the background!

I expect that if you can't breath properly without it will a huge difference.
What is a fact mind is that too athletes can develop asthma as a result of the conditions they are subjected to.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
If they are then they still have a long way to go - the power figures on bkool are still a fair bit higher than Zwift, and they are also over - stated. The new bkool trainer has a power meter apparently so any user of that is currently going to get quite a shock if they try and compete against people on bkool pros

Yep, BKool is 'extreme virtual reality'. No way could I hit those figures for so long in the real world.
There are times in the drome when I am challenging Wiggins's hour record stats and that is pushing reality to the extreme.

BILL S

Guru
That would make a huge difference.
I was wondering if I was going to keep up with the pace you started with.
My start was stupidly quick and quite unintended. All I wanted to do was to make sure I wasn't dropped at the start by you and Paul. Even if my tyre had stayed at full pressure I'd still have been dumped by you on the hill and it'd be very unlikely I'd be able to catch back up on my own.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I expect that if you can't breath properly without it will a huge difference.
What is a fact mind is that too athletes can develop asthma as a result of the conditions they are subjected to.

From what I understand it’s very debatable whether it offers any advantage to people who don’t suffer from asthma. In my original comment that DP was responding to I was implying that people in cycling were claiming to be asthmatic so they could use the prescriptions (I was joking). It obviously makes a huge difference to genuine asthma sufferers, which is a good thing.

I still can’t wait to hear the explanations as to how he has double the allowed amount in his system though.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
From what I understand it’s very debatable whether it offers any advantage to people who don’t suffer from asthma. In my original comment that DP was responding to I was implying that people in cycling were claiming to be asthmatic so they could use the prescriptions (I was joking). It obviously makes a huge difference to genuine asthma sufferers, which is a good thing.

I still can’t wait to hear the explanations as to how he has double the allowed amount in his system though.
Read an article today, based on research, that the level can show higher in the urine test if the person is dehydrated. Given the tours don't allow food and drinks in the last section of their races I guess this is very possible. Maybe 100% over though even if dehydrated is a push, don't know.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Read an article today, based on research, that the level can show higher in the urine test if the person is dehydrated. Given the tours don't allow food and drinks in the last section of their races I guess this is very possible. Maybe 100% over though even if dehydrated is a push, don't know.
Carl
Have a listen to the cycling podcast where they discuss that. Sky no doubt have daily testing if riders for all sorts of things including dehydration so if any team could make that argument then, evidence permitting, they will try to.
Also
http://inrng.com/2017/12/chris-froomes-salbutamol-case/

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Carl
Have a listen to the cycling podcast where they discuss that. Sky no doubt have daily testing if riders for all sorts of things including dehydration so if any team could make that argument then, evidence permitting, they will try to.
Froome is going to have to try and replicate the same environmental factors and physiology as that on race day, so be interesting what the results come out as.

Does seem a bit bizarre though that a drug that doesn't enhance performance, but just allows someone to compete at that level, could get someone banned. The drug doesn't need a TUE, is not banned but just restricted use.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Carl
Also
http://inrng.com/2017/12/chris-froomes-salbutamol-case/

This is what I find interesting. If they do daily tests then they must have an excellent gage of the limits. Are they going to be able to prove that this is some type of natural occurrence or reaction rather than intentional or drastic oversight? If the doctors messed up then Froome still takes a ban. Looks like a ban to me.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
This is what I find interesting. If they do daily tests then they must have an excellent gage of the limits. Are they going to be able to prove that this is some type of natural occurrence or reaction rather than intentional or drastic oversight? If the doctors messed up then Froome still takes a ban. Looks like a ban to me.

Wot wud be tresting, I'm drunk by the way, is to find that he new this, had no intention of competing in the Giro and just wanted a lot of euros for saying yes and then destroys everyone in the TdF despite being spat and pissed on by French deckheads.

Last edited:

AAAC 76C

Large Member

Top Bottom