Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Just tried to update bsim SW.

1) Private laptop runs McAfee security - puts the sw in quarantine
2) Work laptop runs Cisco Umbrella and AMP security ... does the same

Guess no bkool for me as it does not allow me to run the old SW version.

These guys at bkool are doing it to themselves ...
@bugno Had the same problem myself. Firstly I had to restore the quarantined setup.exe file by using the Mcafee Total Protection settings. (the little "cog" symbol in the top right corner opens the settings drop down box) This put setup.exe back into the "Bkool/Bkool Indoor/Cache" folder. Next I went back into Mcafee Total Protection and clicked the PC Security tab. Double click the "Real-Time scanning" to open the scanning options. Here you can search for files to exclude from scanning. Find the setup.exe and add it to the excluded list. Save your changes and have another go at installing Bsim.

Worked for me anyway.

Regards

Dave

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Just tried to update bsim SW.

1) Private laptop runs McAfee security - puts the sw in quarantine
2) Work laptop runs Cisco Umbrella and AMP security ... does the same

Guess no bkool for me as it does not allow me to run the old SW version.

These guys at bkool are doing it to themselves ...

I'm no SW expert but due to the executables in BSim and it's requirement to operate through the firewall I'm not surprised some Anti Viruses don't like it.
Try turning off your protection whilst you update your BSim and then once complete turn it back on again and grant BSim some exceptions in your Anti Virus

BILL S

Guru
I'm no SW expert but due to the executables in BSim and it's requirement to operate through the firewall I'm not surprised some Anti Viruses don't like it.
Try turning off your protection whilst you update your BSim and then once complete turn it back on again and grant BSim some exceptions in your Anti Virus

Before windows10 I always had to delete bsim and re-load from scratch. That might be worth a go too.

bugno

@bugno Had the same problem myself. Firstly I had to restore the quarantined setup.exe file by using the Mcafee Total Protection settings. (the little "cog" symbol in the top right corner opens the settings drop down box) This put setup.exe back into the "Bkool/Bkool Indoor/Cache" folder. Next I went back into Mcafee Total Protection and clicked the PC Security tab. Double click the "Real-Time scanning" to open the scanning options. Here you can search for files to exclude from scanning. Find the setup.exe and add it to the excluded list. Save your changes and have another go at installing Bsim.

Worked for me anyway.

Regards

Dave

I work in the industry and had two PC crashes 100% caused by bkool during August. One of them caused a laptop replacement.

Hence, knowing their shitty SW quality (pardon my french), there is no way I run security without including their files/SW. The security that runs in the cloud from Cisco and Mcafee is based on reputation with input from billions of records around the globe. When they catch something fishy I trust it. They both caught wannacry long before wannacry became an issue.

I signed up for Zwift today and I also emailed bkool. I hope bkool will fix their issues ... I prefer it over Zwift which I find kinda boring..

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I work in the industry and had two PC crashes 100% caused by bkool during August. One of them caused a laptop replacement.

Hence, knowing their shitty SW quality (pardon my french), there is no way I run security without including their files/SW. The security that runs in the cloud from Cisco and Mcafee is based on reputation with input from billions of records around the globe. When they catch something fishy I trust it. They both caught wannacry long before wannacry became an issue.

I signed up for Zwift today and I also emailed bkool. I hope bkool will fix their issues ... I prefer it over Zwift which I find kinda boring..

NERD

Top Bottom