Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
NC stage 2 45.58

I challenge Tommy's ride with Paul and JJ there as well. Steve(joined in not sure if he is cyclechat) Blistering start, as usual. I held Tommy's wheel for the first climb but eventually lost it and was 10 seconds down at the crest, I caught him on the descent but again lost him and this time he pulled a significant lead, which was 1 minute at the start of the main climb. Paul was nearly a minute behind me. Tommy's lead grew to 2mins for the first part of the climb but as it became shallower I was able to bring it back to 30secs only for it to go back to over a minute by the time he crested the main climb. I pushed hard on the descent before the final climb to reduce the deficit to 50seconds. Tommy again stretched his lead on the early part and I regained a little before the line. Stupid Watts again. Tommy your time wasnt so ridiculous as you thought.

Or maybe you got a little sprinkling yourself? Either way we’ll done mate :smile:

keithaitch

Veteran
Yes I think best to stop pedaling in plenty of time before your start time - would recommend at least 20 seconds to ensure the wheel comes to a complete stop. It shouldn't matter if you're sat stationary not pedaling for a while.

As long as your wheel is still moving when the countdown gets to zero (which will mean you remain on the line), I think you could in theory stop pedaling at any point and just stay there - as long as you don't start pedaling again until you reach your start time, because as soon as you start again you'll start moving. I will probably keep pedaling until 30 seconds or so before my start time just to keep warmed up though.

That's the theory anyway!
Great, many Thx, let's see how it goes in practice!

bridgy

Legendary Member
keith once the roller has stopped it takes 3-5 seconds for the 10 second countdown timer to start. if you want to turn the pedals until the last moment, i would allow 15 Seconds before the start time, for bkool to sort itself.

use the rear brake to stop the roller quickly
Andy, I don't think you'll get another 10 second countdown if you've pedaled through the original one when the warm up came to an end. If I remember rightly the message saying to stop pedaling in order to start will just disappear, and then you can start when you're ready

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
UPDATED START TIMES for Handicap Chase

OK, these should be the Start Times for everyone riding tonight, to keep time on the line to minimum...

upload_2018-1-23_17-10-50.png

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Please can we confirm the earliest starters tonight, as I'll compress the Start Times so the earliest intending to join in starts at 0:00, to keep the others spinning on the Start Line for the minimum of time. @theboxers Simon, @Londonbg, @threerock44, Steve, @Randyberlin, @Jim Brown

Thanks,

Geoff

Ow do Geoff. Can’t do tonight as down in Yorkshire and we dunt av lecky down ere..

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Could well be Tommy, either way, Im here for a week or two then off back to Zwift land

Yeah I was just speculating. I need to really record a session on my power meter so I can compare the two. Otherwise it’s all just speculation really.

I got a response from BKOOL today regarding me asking for my unit to be recalibrated. They didn’t offer to arrange a time to set it up. But simply asked me for the percentage difference between my BKOOL and power meter readings. When I give them my answer I wonder if it will fall into the realm of what they consider a normal difference between the two. They really are very strange people to me.

Top Bottom