Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Did you do anything to achieve it. I do'nt know if I need to have Premium for the leagues etc
Are you currently on just a free subscription at the moment then Andy and only able to ride in 2D view? I must admit I didn't know that was still possible!

I have another account for my wife which was a free account but hasn't been used for ages - if I click on her account when opening Bsim now I just get a page offering the 30 day free trial of premium - I'm surprised you didn't get the same. Maybe have a look on the subscriptions page of the Bkool website and see if it offers you a free trial there?

You will definitely need a premium subscription if you want to ride in the Nations Cup. If you can't get access to the free trial, you can pay for a month at a time I think

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
Are you currently on just a free subscription at the moment then Andy and only able to ride in 2D view? I must admit I didn't know that was still possible

I can see 3D. I can look in the nations cup, I definitely cancelled my subscription and even had Bkool confirm it. They have that funny false negative concel button. I wonder if they just forgot.

Bizarre, I'm not Premium, nor have any payments details, but can see 3D. Its has the option to become premium, so it looks like either Bkool have let my membership continue or there is a bug allowing 3D. Now which do you think it might be? :biggrin:

Last edited:

keithaitch

Veteran
Are you currently on just a free subscription at the moment then Andy and only able to ride in 2D view? I must admit I didn't know that was still possible!

I have another account for my wife which was a free account but hasn't been used for ages - if I click on her account when opening Bsim now I just get a page offering the 30 day free trial of premium - I'm surprised you didn't get the same. Maybe have a look on the subscriptions page of the Bkool website and see if it offers you a free trial there?

You will definitely need a premium subscription if you want to ride in the Nations Cup. If you can't get access to the free trial, you can pay for a month at a time I think
@CXRAndy I think whoever ends up 6th in the trial will happily pay your monthly subscription!

bridgy

Legendary Member
I can see 3D. I can look in the nations cup, I definitely cancelled my subscription and even had Bkool confirm it. They have that funny false negative concel button. I wonder if they just forgot.
How odd! Maybe have a check on the website and see when it says you last paid for it and when it expires (in case they've auto-renewed your membership without you realising!) If I click on my name on the top right when I'm logged in to Bkool and click on the "Premium" tab I get this:

Bkool subscription.jpg

CXRAndy

Guru
Bkool subscription.png

keithaitch

Veteran
@bridgy for us newbies to the handicap races do you think we should stop riding our warm ups at our handicap start time or say 20 seconds before to let us come to a stop and then start pedalling again at the handicap start time. A bit pedantic I know but that 10/15 seconds you have to wait is often the difference between riders and I think it important we all start in order. I really suffered last week by starting after @BILL S and having to flog myself to catch him rather than starting gently and letting him catch me!

CXRAndy

Guru
keith once the roller has stopped it takes 3-5 seconds for the 10 second countdown timer to start. if you want to turn the pedals until the last moment, i would allow 15 Seconds before the start time, for bkool to sort itself.

use the rear brake to stop the roller quickly

bridgy

Legendary Member
@bridgy for us newbies to the handicap races do you think we should stop riding our warm ups at our handicap start time or say 20 seconds before to let us come to a stop and then start pedalling again at the handicap start time. A bit pedantic I know but that 10/15 seconds you have to wait is often the difference between riders and I think it important we all start in order. I really suffered last week by starting after @BILL S and having to flog myself to catch him rather than starting gently and letting him catch me!
Yes I think best to stop pedaling in plenty of time before your start time - would recommend at least 20 seconds to ensure the wheel comes to a complete stop. It shouldn't matter if you're sat stationary not pedaling for a while.

As long as your wheel is still moving when the countdown gets to zero (which will mean you remain on the line), I think you could in theory stop pedaling at any point and just stay there - as long as you don't start pedaling again until you reach your start time, because as soon as you start again you'll start moving. I will probably keep pedaling until 30 seconds or so before my start time just to keep warmed up though.

That's the theory anyway!

Top Bottom